Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Join a collaborative and passionate team working to make the best experiences for people capturing and sharing the world's moments. Our work aims to understand the people who use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. For this position, we are looking for a range from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative research methods.
We need a UX Researcher who is capable of tackling all aspects of this problem. Your scope will include working with multiple product teams within Messenger as well as collaborating with different product teams across the company. The right candidates will be communicators, knowledgeable about user experience design and research, passionate about social computing, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on impacting the Messenger product and business.
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with product management, data science, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Mentor other researchers, and maintain our team's high standard of work
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Experimental Psychology, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)