For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio
Square Capital is looking for a contract marketing visual designer to join our team for remote work. The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience working at an agency or in-house for 2+ years.
You know how to get people excited about Square Capital as a brand, as well as help them understand very simply and clearly how our products work. You know how to take complicated content and make it digestible and visually memorable. You have experience working on brand, digital product, data-driven growth marketing, and go-to-market campaigns alike.
This role is an integral part of the full-service Square Capital creative team, working alongside a range of disciplines including copy, design, web, research, and more. You’ll also partner closely with cross-functional teams, such as product, product marketing, and more. You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment and know how to take it all in stride — and maybe even with a sense of humor.
- Help develop art direction and visuals for brand content and marketing collaterals to support Capital's mission of unlocking access to credit for small businesses
- Create compelling visuals that drives action and performance
- Design for lifecycle campaigns, experiments, and programs to ensure there’s consistency with every touchpoint
- Harness research to inform solutions that balance audience needs with business goals
- Collaborate with a talented group of writers, strategists, creative technologists, producers, product managers, marketers
- Quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines
- B.S. or B.A. degree
- 2+ years experience in a design role
- A portfolio, resume
- Excellent aesthetic and design skills, with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to be deadline-driven with strong time management skills
- An interest in working with data and performance-based marketing strategies to make smart, hardworking, creative deliverables
- Ability to be detailed in your execution but flexible in your approach
- Ability to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas
- Interactive/ digital projects experience
- Experience working on brands with broad/diverse audiences
- Knowledge of coding or animation
- Video or photography experience
- Knowledge of banking tools and financial products
- Hybrid of marketing and product environments