Zillow’s mission is to “give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter”. As a leader on the Zillow Experience Design team you’ll help envision and craft the experiences that turn our mission into a reality for millions of people.
We are a multidisciplinary team working together to solve tough human and business problems with elegant solutions. Your role requires a proven track record of leading teams for the design of successful customer experiences. You will work closely with product managers, researchers, other designers, data scientists, and engineers to shepherd work from initial concept and strategy through the execution of design and then product releases.
About The Role
Zillow is looking for a Senior User Experience Design Manager to lead the team responsible for crafting experiences that help home buyers evaluate homes. From data and home details to media and immersive experiences, the team is always striving to provide the information and content people need to deeply understand and make decisions about homes they find on Zillow. In this role you’ll partner with research, content strategy, product management, marketing, engineering and data science. You’ll lead, nurture, and manage a team of designers that create exceptional experiences that exceed the expectations of our customers while balancing the needs of the business.
- Recruit, nurture and grow a team of amazing designers
- Help coach and develop current and emerging design managers
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering to define objectives and key results and execute strategy then drive that vision through the work of your team
- Work collaboratively with product partners to define priorities, plan projects and design approaches to enable the best experience outcomes for our users
- Be a strong advocate for the user and influence and address the expectations of key business stakeholders
- Manage and prioritize a workload of multiple projects from concept to completion
- Evangelize best UX practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
You are an experienced leader who knows how to make everyone around you better. You are a tireless advocate for the customer and know how to inspire others to care deeply about customers too. You are a great collaborator and communicator and understand that the path to exceptional customer experiences is through great partnerships with cross-functional teams.
- At least 7 years experience designing digital consumer experiences
- 2+ years of management experience and demonstrated experience leading design teams
- An exceptional leader who's able to inspire designers and researchers, lead them to deliver their best work while having fun at the same time
- A specialist at design process, workshop creation and facilitation
- A skilled coach, mentor and teacher
- Outstanding collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content and design
- Experience with A/B testing and leading design through the process
- Driven to move fast, be decisive and deliver world-class user experiences
- Excellent communication skills in a fast-paced environment (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization -- from individual contributors to executive staff
- Please submit a portfolio and resume as part of your application
In additional to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow Group, the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, is building a safe, on-demand real estate experience. Whether selling, buying, renting or financing, customers can turn to Zillow's businesses to find and get into their next home with speed, certainty and ease.
We are on a mission to help people unlock their next chapter and are building transformational tools and services that create an on-demand real estate transaction experience. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow Group, we're powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don't just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents, Fatherly's Best Workplaces for New Dads, JUST Capital 100 Company, and the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
_Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know._