As our contract Graphic Designer you will be playing a vital role in executing our exponential growth and driving forward the mission to #KickSugar. You will support the marketing department by delivering fun & fruity visual communications! 🍓You have a keen eye for on-brand design and throughout the creative process, you have a strong ability to manage time, projects and problem solve on-the-go. You are a lifelong learner, and willing to wear different hats when needed. Teamwork makes the dream work! You will report to and collaborate with our Graphic Designer Lead on all tasks, projects and campaigns.
This role is remote and open to candidates based in North America.
Who Are We?
We are proudly Female-Founded and on our way to kick 5.5 billion grams of sugar (what we call our Mission to Mars)! We believe in the power of curiosity and with a smart combination of passion, focus and innovation that we can change the world! We trust it's possible to live in a world where candy doesn’t always equal sugar, and where words like guilt, permission, and indulgence no longer carry weight. We believe we can enjoy candy just as we enjoy life - to the fullest.
Kick Sugar, Keep Candy!
Our Mission: Provide people with the candy they know and love, without the sugar.
Our Vision: To be the global leader in revolutionizing candy.
Our track record: We are in our fourth calendar year in the market and are distributed in over 27,000+ stores in the USA and Canada and have kicked 1,415,701,821 grams of sugar out of traditional candy! We have experienced record sell-throughs with our key partners, and we are grateful to have cultivated a devoted consumer following, with over 500,000+ in our social media community. We are proud to be an employer that has received accolades as A Great Place to Work Managed by Women, A Great Place to Work for Startups, and Canadian Business Start Up List for Top New Growth Companies!
Our Commitment to Celebrating Individuality - Representation & Inclusion:
We believe representing the uniqueness of all makes us stronger as a whole.
We believe in an inclusive environment that listens with curiosity and to understand the different perspectives of all. We are making a difference by encouraging all Squad Members to partake in to practice allyship, educate themselves, inspire others to take action and support underrepresented communities.
A Day in The Life:
- Reports to our lead graphic designer and collaborates closely with members of the marketing team
- Aligns with the SmartSweets brand style guide to execute production-based creative requests (i.e. digital ads, internal materials, print requests from retailers)
- Consistent management of project & task progression through the team's project management software (Asana)
- Follows a structured process for monthly email newsletter creation
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with digital design
- Degree or diploma in graphic design
- Strong digital design skills (e.g. for static ad / email production)
- Some experience with UX design
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Strong project management skills: proven ability to meet weekly deadlines and communicate with the team on progress
- Proven ability to produce digital-ready materials
- Experience in CPG industry is considered an asset
- In-house brand experience considered an asset
- A creative with an eye on online content trends
- An innovator who gets excited by creative thinking and bringing new projects to life
- A self-starter who is comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
- Passionate believer in kicking sugar and creating better-for-you options to consumers
- A team player who makes others’ days better through your interactions and attitude
- A collaborator who thrives on teamwork and maintains the “make it happen” spirit
- Excited to live and breathe our values, are fired up by our #kicksugar mission, and must love to have fun!
The Sweet Stuff:
- Bear Benefits (aka. free candy!)
Excited to join and play a key role in our mission to #KickSugar? We want to hear from you! Please apply to our careers page with your resume, cover letter and why you are excited about kicking sugar!