Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing Newton on their search for their next Senior Product Designer to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between Newton and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at Newton if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to seeing your application!
Hi, I’m Erynn Saunders. I’m a co-founder and Head of Design at Newton, Canada's first no-fee cryptocurrency platform. Since the beginning, our team has strived to utilize the power of design thinking to build a product that is user-centric and a delight to our customers.
We're looking for Product Designers to help us continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. As part of the product design team, you’ll get an opportunity to work in small cross-functional teams to craft features and products that elevate our user’s experience. You’ll also inspire and level up the team by producing work that is always raising the bar and sharing your approach to solving problems.
Newton was created to support a future where financial systems are open to everyone and built to empower people to embrace financial freedom. We believe cryptocurrency plays a role in that future, so we're making it more accessible to all Canadians. Newton team members are spread out across Canada within a fully remote capacity.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to design how Newton’s products and features look, feel, and move.
- Assisting in user research and the discovery process.
- Designing and iterating on solutions based on the team’s research, customer needs, and business objectives.
- Owning and managing end-to-end communications throughout the design process, including running design critiques, handing off to developers, and discussing solutions with key stakeholders.
- Coordinating with developers to assess technical constraints for your designs, and work with the Product Manager to make the right tradeoffs between design & dev cost.
- Owning the design process for your team, and be vigilant in diagnosing UX and UI problems for each project.
- Working with the Product Manager to help improve our design process and remove roadblocks for junior team members.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You are an overall product design expert with deep expertise spanning web, desktop, and mobile.
- You are experienced in shipping product and have been proactive in leading the charge over the last few years.
- You possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well.
- You have a compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- You have experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Sketch, Figma, etc.
- You love exploring the latest and greatest in design tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar.
- You have experience working in a highly iterative environment and understand the importance of working through multiple options before landing on the right one.
If you think you have experience that is so close (but doesn't check all the boxes), please still apply! Work experience isn't the full picture and we know there are many skills that are transferable. We're committed to creating a diverse team at Newton and encourage you to apply.
SALARY & PERKS
- Salary range: $90,000 - $110,000
Perks at Newton:
- 15 days of vacation
- $1,500 CAD work-from-home allowance
- 100% remote team - we are fully remote across Canada and are open to applicants across Canada to join our team.
How we hire at Newton
1\. Phone screen Jade Hugh, Talent Advisor from BloomRemote
2\. 60-min Interview and portfolio review with Erynn Saunders (Head of Design)
3\. Remote 30-min design challenge with Erynn and Miles (Product Designer)
4\. Conduct reference & security checks
_\*Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of the potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted virtually._
Like Bloom, Newton is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the hiring manager will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
To apply, please submit your application through Bloom.
Inclusion at Newton
At Newton, we celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
_At Bloom we do not use fancy tech to search through resumes. Every resume is reviewed by a human and that process takes time. To ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process we take a high level of care with every application. Our process may be a bit longer than others because we take an inclusive and intentional approach to reviewing every application we receive._