Our philosophy is simple: in a world fast approaching commoditization, our job is to make clients' brands unignorable. We believe creating unignorable brands begins with putting the consumer at the center of our thinking. We believe that people are smart and respond to brands that speak to them with intelligence, insight and purpose. Because when people don’t have to engage with your work anymore, you have to make them want to.
We believe in diversity and inclusion. We believe diversity drives better thinking, creativity, and innovation, and we are working to build a culture that includes and values different voices and perspectives. We also recognize that we’re still learning. To support an inclusive environment where employees feel empowered to share their experiences and ideas, we have a diversity + inclusion team, Roots and mandatory Unconscious Bias Training for all new employees, and rigour in our recruitment process.
Role: Creative Director
As a creative director, your position is far-reaching. You are responsible for overseeing all creative presented and produced for our client’s brands. You will ensure both the quality and soundness of the work from a creative standpoint, as well as possess an affinity for strategy and understanding of the essential business challenge behind every creative brief. You have a keen awareness of current trends in the industry and in culture and a proven track record for creating noteworthy work that has been recognized in a meaningful way, both by creative and performance standards.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, manage, mentor and oversee creative teams.
- Understand client businesses on a meaningful level in order to develop creative concepts in service of client business objectives.
- Anticipate and/or react to the needs of the brands.
- Lead multiple projects in accordance with deadlines, and when necessary, alter the content of projects.
- Establish and nurture strong client working relationships.
- Promote work both internally and externally.
- Keep up-to-date with trends in branding, marketing, and advertising.
- Select and approve external suppliers when necessary.
- Build and maintain a list of potential full-time and freelance talent.
- Be a positive force within the agency.
Desired skills and experience:
- A thought leader with highly creative ideas.
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives and budgets.
- Excellent communication and confident presentation skills to explain ideas internally and persuade clients.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with a holistic team including accounts, strategy and production.
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent.
- An ability to handle rejection and reorient teams quickly into positive solutions and possess a certain degree of fearlessness.
- Experience building meaningful interpersonal relationships with clients.
- A thorough understanding of production and the ability to curate work to budgets.
- Outstanding leadership, time management, and organization skills.
We ask that all interested employees apply to this post with a CV and cover letter explaining your experience, and what makes you the ideal candidate. We encourage applicants who reflect the diversity of our city in terms of race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, family/marital status, disability, socio-economic background, and ethnicity. If you fall into one or more of these groups, we welcome you to self-identify.