_Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data._
We are looking for a web designer with a strong focus on visual design to work as part of our web team to create marketing pages for our products. You will have the opportunity to design new ways of interacting with our website, from concept right through to development, shaping the future design direction of 1Password.com.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada, United States and United Kingdom.
What we're looking for:
- Portfolio of recent project work.
- Experience designing UX concepts, comfortable providing wireframes, storyboards, user-flows, process flows and site maps.
- Solid understanding of designing for a responsive web.
- Experience producing digital assets including display ads and campaign landing pages.
- Proficient in modern design tools (i.e. Figma)
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends, techniques and technologies, but ability to design around the trends instead of following.
What you can expect by month one:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the style and format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows and review designs amongst peers.
- Begin to take on design issues that will help you to learn and grow within the 1Password style.
- Internalise and understand our brand guidelines and design sensibilities.
- Produce designs for landing pages and banner ads.
What you can expect by month three:
- Act as a design resource to others in the organization, taking briefs and creating elements as needed.
- Start to take ownership of certain elements within 1Password, such as user experience flows within our website, and suggest changes or updates.
What you can expect by month six:
- Operate as a key part of the design and web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and pushing their design forward to create a better product.
- Offer constructive feedback to peers on the team, helping others to grow and develop alongside you.
“We have a wide range of skills represented here, and that makes for a culture of personal growth through feedback and mentoring, support and critique. Our design has won awards and we have our designers to thank for that - excellence in design is one of the defining characteristics of 1Password. You should also prepare yourself for bad jokes too though 😃”
When we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our global team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status.