Life House Group is a vertically-integrated hotel brand, that develops, designs, and operates boutique lifestyle hotels. We are growing our product team and looking for talented product designers. We are fast-paced, highly collaborative, and have a friendly, flexible work environment. https://www.lifehousehotels.com/
At Life House, product designers design world-class solutions to the hospitality industry's greatest challenges. With new hotels opening every month, our team is acutely focused on bringing brands to life and introducing thoughtful design to both the guest and staff experience while consistently improving our value proposition to hotel owners – increased hotel revenue and decreased hotel operating costs.
Some examples of projects we have shipped:
- A branded web & mobile app that is not only reflective of our brands, but that enables guests to easily book, check-in, unlock their door, and connect with other travellers.
- A tablet and mobile app that efficiently guides our onsite teams through common workflows so that our team can spend less time behind a computer monitor and more time creating amazing experiences for our guests.
- A tablet app that functions as a kiosk, enabling guests to quickly and easily check-in and gain access to their room. Guests can drop their bags off and explore or visit the onsite bar after a long journey, without the typical hotel check-in hassle.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy designing applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you've found the right place.
- Design elegant interactions and experiences for our customers.
- Be involved at every step of the product development process: from brainstorming ideas to polishing designs through quality assurance and delivery.
- Deliver high-fidelity designs that elevate our brand
- Partner closely with Engineering and Product Management to build and ship experiences that delight our users.
- Develop and maintain our visual design language across both our external and internal-facing products.
- Act as a design and UX expert for our employees, advising on design best practices and solutions.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment that's full of ambiguity.
- Product designer with 6+ years of experience in UX and visual /UI
- Experience in an Agile environment and multidisciplinary product teams
- Strong knowledge of design principles for web and mobile platforms
- Strong design craft skills including interaction, visual, and motion design
- High proficiency with prototyping and visual design software, such as Figma or Sketch
- Ability to defend your work, but also take creative feedback and execute updates in a professional manner
- An environment that encourages initiative and leadership
- Work with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft
- An opportunity to join one of the most exciting startups in Canada
- Competitive salaries, stock options, benefits (health & wellness), and paid time off