Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
Interested in learning more?
We are looking for a seasoned Product Design Manager to join our design team. Our team is focused on creating world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the financial space.
As a Product Design Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of talented product designers. You’ll foster an environment for creativity and growth, eliminate roadblocks for your team, and focus on practices for recruiting and retaining top talent.
Your impact will be seen at a granular level, providing feedback for your team’s in-flight design work, as well as at highly strategic product levels. You’ll empower designers to grow and develop their own influence within the organization, while also partnering with product, engineering, and data leaders.
- 2+ years experience in people management, with a proven track record of sourcing and growing talent within an organization
- Proven success shaping design processes and environments to empower individual contributors to do their best work
- Proven success designing and shipping high-quality, impactful, end-to-end experiences as a design lead and/or manager
- A passion for inspiring design and product teammates with a clear vision
- The ability to strategically influence product roadmaps by partnering with other design, product and engineering leaders
- A natural instinct to tackle large, complex problems head-on, and a tendency towards action
- The ability to mentor and foster the talent and skill sets of a team of designers. This includes magnifying individual strengths, while also coaching for areas of improvement
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfort presenting and working with senior executives
- Experience molding organizational design and structure to adapt to a quickly growing team
- An interest in modern financial tools for customers and businesses, and a perspective on key opportunities for improvement in this space
Please submit a deck or portfolio of work with your application that showcases your design process and leadership capabilities. If your portfolio site requires a password, please provide us with it in your application or on your resume. Thank you!
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding state and city guidelines.