Product Design 2
*This position is available on-site and remote locations*
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
As a Product Designer in PXL, you’ll work collaboratively within our dedicated cross-discipline teams to create flexible solutions that solve both user needs and business problems, and design digital experiences that form a connection, not just a transaction. As part of the Creative team, you’ll help push the quality of work we deliver to clients and contribute to the improvement of our approach and process. This position requires a strong understanding of visual design and usability best-practices, with a high degree of collaboration and autonomy.
Additionally, you’ll not only think about how product features will help solve problems, but you’ll think about how you can test and learn your way to validating or busting assumptions. You have experience in human-centered design practices and love advocating for the user. You’re the one who usually asks the questions; what should we do, and why. You’re a constant learner, a maker, a tinkerer, and a visual storyteller.
What You’re Good At
· Strong understanding of the visual design principles typography, interaction design, user-experience design, user research, information architecture, usability, and accessibility best practices
· Contributing to the overall creation of digital experiences and content beyond just layout, beginning to understand and inform strategy and approach
· Absorbing and distilling research and inputs and translating them into design principles and creative direction
· Thinking in terms of design systems to support scale and consistency
· Creating original concepts, clear layouts and prototypes in multiple formats (devices, channels, screen sizes) that support multiple user types and business goals
· Applying and evolving a brand’s visual language for multiple formats and audiences
· Creating consensus from multiple stakeholders while quickly pivoting to incorporate feedback
· Presenting and defending creative concepts and visual design to clients in a clear and proactive way
· Creative problem solving with the ability to think conceptually and strategically
· Demonstrating ownership on all assigned tasks and following through with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Driving towards clarity when things are ambiguous by contributing to the team’s approach and supporting the definition of what success looks like
· Gracefully handling pressure in a fast-paced environment by staying positive, collaborative and finding the opportunity in every project to make it great
· Committing to inclusion and diversity, and openness to new ideas and perspectives
· Demonstrating integrity, by not only creating good work but knowing why it’s great
· Remaining current on technology, trends, and industry best practices. Constantly learning and trying new approaches and tools.
What You Have Done
You have education in a relevant field, such as UX, graphic design, experience design, interaction design, product design, human-centered design
You have a portfolio that demonstrated your abilities in thoughtful problem solving and polished execution
You have 2+ years of digital design experience working in cross-discipline teams for a variety of mediums
You are competent in modern design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision App, Adobe Creative Cloud
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.wmp.com/inclusion.