🤗 About Us
We believe in equal access to the internet and the opportunities that come with it.
The internet means something different to everyone—a way to stay in touch, travel, shop, learn, create. To us, it’s a way to empower people—to connect everyone to the opportunities the internet provides in a secure, accessible and convenient way. We’re here to share the importance of equal access one story, post, meme, stream, game, wiki, email, connection (phew) at a time. We‘re here because we believe that if everyone had equal access to the opportunities found on the internet, we’d see a lot of pretty great things from a lot of unexpected people.
We’re here to share the internet. Because the internet is awesome and we heart it.
As a distributed team, we are committed to building an exceptional culture and product. You can peek at our team handbook here.
We're looking to hire a Product Designer to join our Consumer Squad, someone with excellent UX & UI knowledge, that is able to translate the company's vision into real digital products that the oxio team and its customers will love.
You will be joining a team consisting of 4+ engineers and one PM, dedicated to building an outstanding digital experience for oxio’s customers.
- Establishing and promoting good design practices in the company
- Conducting user research and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, user flows, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Creating user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mockups
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and icons) that fits with oxio’s brand
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Collaborating effectively with the Team Lead, the Product Manager and the engineers
- Enhancing the current user experience by incorporating customer feedback, usage metrics, and usability findings into new designs
🌈 What We Value
- You have experience working on medium to large-scale websites and web applications (B2B or B2C)
- Your passion for digital products and design is contagious
- You are able to work with an existing branding and create fitting graphic designs
- You are proficient in prototyping tools such as Figma
- You pay strong attention to details and have a keen eye for aesthetics
- You have excellent communication skills in English (French is a plus) and can clearly articulate your ideas, designs, and suggestions
- You are a strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders
- You are interested about Internet connectivity and technology
- Basic HTML and CSS skills are a plus
- You have prior experience (6 years or more) as a Product and/or UI/UX Designer as well as a strong portfolio of related projects
- Having a degree/diploma in Product Design, Fine Arts, Engineering or related field is a plus
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock Options
- Group Insurance (Health Care, Dental Care, Life Insurance, etc.)
- Fully remote work, distributed all around Canada
If any of this sounds interesting to you, we'd love to talk!