At Inkbox, our purpose is to support and celebrate the story of you. For now, forever, and whatever’s in-between. Our ink develops in your skin to create a tattoo that fades in 1-2 weeks.
We know how important self-expression is. No matter who you are - whether you’re male, female, or non-binary, black, white or brown, hurting, healing, or somewhere in-between, we’re here to ensure that you have the tools to express yourself... even if that ‘self’ changes.
We have a proven product-market fit and will be expanding rapidly both nationally and internationally. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
The Senior Product Designer will collaborate with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to help us deliver delightful, innovative and inclusive customer experiences across our site. You’ll also need to be a confident leader to our small but talented team, an excellent communicator and effective cross-functional business partner. Your design work will represent best in class usability and accessibility standards while elevating the aesthetic and functional elements of the UI/UX and site experience. The Senior Product Designer will have deep knowledge of a range of design tools and know when to use each tool effectively to create design deliverables.
- Lead the design function for all of our digital platforms, consistently translating user needs and business objectives into designs that help our customers get the job done
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams, partner with product management and engineering to conceptualize, build, and ship highly usable products that customers love to use
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply high-fidelity detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all decision-making and design processes
- Clearly communicate design decisions and rationales to peers and stakeholders, seeking and thriving on feedback to make improvements
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves at work
- Lead a junior product designer on their journey to senior design work, acting as a coach and mentor, inspiring confidence and close connection
- 5+ years of experience designing and delivering consumer facing products in cross-functional teams from start to finish (web and mobile)
- Strong with visual design, UX/UI and user research
- Proven track record of success in building delightful customer experiences and can communicate design research and decisions to stakeholders
- Self-motivated, a good communicator and able to work in vague problem spaces
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- Strong understanding of usability testing methods and a high comfort level performing these tasks independently
- Fully versed in AODA standards, and committed to delivering product experiences that are accessible and inclusive
- Deep understanding of best practices and contemporary design patterns
- Proficient with Figma (or Sketch)
- Experienced in systems thinking and building design solutions and processes that scale
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary and Health Benefits
- Comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule and hours (currently those who can perform their jobs from home are working from home)
- Virtual events, socials and team building
- Virtual Learning and Development opportunities, lunch and learns and education
- Diverse, inclusive and equitable culture
Inkbox’s Brand and Culture Values
All employees will be held accountable to upholding and exemplifying Inkbox’s Brand and Cultural values internally and externally. We expect these values to guide how Inkbox employees treat others, specifically clients and colleagues, in order to propel a collaborative, supportive and inclusive business.
Inkbox is an "equal opportunity employer." Inkbox will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Inkbox is dedicated to creating a psychologically safe, inclusive, and accessible environment for all persons with disabilities, and is in compliance with all AODA standards. If you require accessibility accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please reach out to HR@getinkbox.com .