We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join the Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells team.
The Senior User Experience Designer assists Project Leads in developing the XD vision of a product(s) and executing upon that vision. This role participates in creating innovative and groundbreaking user-centered design solutions that promote ease of use, employ best-in-class mobile game/interaction design, and optimize the user experience universally in response to user testing.
You will guide products during feature pre-production and contribute to the process with conceptual design/development, prototypes, user/task flows, critiques, and feature reviews. You will work closely with Project Stakeholders to establish and maintain the visual integrity, interaction methods, brand standards, and consistency for the game and collaborate with the Experience Design Lead, Art Director, Product Management, and Engineering to execute the design.
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to ideate, define, research, analyze, design, validate and develop features that yield world-class experiences for our players
- Synthesize the needs of players and all game disciplines to find solutions that work for all.
- Create user flows, interface wireframes, prototypes, and design documentation.
- Participate in researching consumer insight, developing personas, data analyzing, and planning and moderating user testing.
- Conduct competitive research and deconstructs
- Conduct heuristic evaluations of internal & external products
- Develop mood boards and ideate with the UI team to define/adhere to a thematic visual design style of features
- Create UI design/layouts, high-fidelity mock-ups for pre-visualization during pre-production
- Set examples, guides, and best practices in UI/UX for peers in your game team, mentor junior UI/UX staff
- Actively participate in company-wide UI/UX community events, critiques, product reviews, and feature retrospectives
- Be the UI/UX owner of multiple game feature pods
- Able to adapt and work in a fast-paced setting. Be able to rapidly develop new skills and behaviors in response to changing circumstances. Be flexible to new ways of working under challenging circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work efficiency, manage time effectively, and complete your deliverables with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrates proactive self-development and interest in leveling up personal, interpersonal, and crafts skills
- Be organized and demonstrate good digital hygiene and adhere to established naming conventions and organizational best practices.
- Able to present complex ideas to diverse audiences and articulate a convincing point of view
- Competent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Ability to co-work and communicate with multiple studio locations, teams, and partners
- Able to collaborate with proactive communication and a willingness to build consensus with competing perspectives.
- Knowledgeable in fundamental UX Design Principles
- Well-practiced with the UX Design process: Defining usability challenges, researching the problem space, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, designing appropriate solutions, and validating ideas through testing.
- Some experience designing for fun and engagement vs. task completion
- Experience with assessing and addressing product usability and applying user psychology
- Very experienced with prototyping design software (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools) and the prototype development process.
- A strong foundation in classic graphic design principles
- Skilled and experienced in user interface layout design, hierarchy, color theory, and information architecture
- Proficient with standard creative software such as the Adobe Creative Suite
- Very proficient with UI layout & design tools (Figma, Sketch, or similar tools)
- Familiarity with collaborative virtual environments (Miro, FigJam)
- Competent at directing and defining functional UI animation
Level Of Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
- 4+ years of experience in the game development industry specializing in UX
- Figma, Sketch, or other UI design tools
- Axure, Framer, or other advanced interactive prototyping packages
- Unity Engine (UGUI, NGUI), Unreal Engine, or similar game engines (bonus)
Careers location: Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Remote, US, Remote, Canada, Toronto, Canada