Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Join our team and experience Workday!It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.The Workday Analytics UX team modernizes how humans and computers work together. Our analytics products help our customers make sense of complex data and guide them in making data-driven decisions. We keep our product teams focused on providing the most value possible to our customers in this space. Our team is growing and we need individuals who can take the best of what’s already there, and innovate to deliver something extraordinary.
About the Role
We are looking for designers who enjoy the fun and challenge of applying their design practice to make cloud data accessible, actionable and beautiful. You will work closely with your cross-functional team to develop concepts, flows, and UI for Workday’s suite of analytics products. You’ll also partner with other designers to improve the quality of your designs and theirs, and continue your growth as a designer. This role involves both vision and feature work on a newer product in the suite which will allow you to spend time thinking about the bigger picture while staying engaged on the mechanics of getting it done.
You have a strong product sense and understand how to ship a well-crafted product experience. You are intellectually curious and seek to frame problems in new ways to drive your process. You are eager to learn and enjoy collaborating with a world-class cross-disciplinary team of UX, engineers, and product managers, especially around accessible and inclusive design You care about the way users develop and share insights and want to build the next generation of tools for understanding and managing massive quantities of data. You are willing to bring your whole self to work and find ways to have fun. You are able to work some of the time in one of the following offices: Vancouver, Beaverton, Seattle, San Francisco, San Mateo, Boulder, or Pleasanton.
Basic Qualifications - Senior Product Designer
- Expertise in interaction design, with an online portfolio or use cases you can share
- At least3 years professional experience in a design-related field
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, with product managers and engineersExperience presenting within UX and to stakeholders
- Experience with Analytics or Financial Reporting use cases and tools, or complex Enterprise solutions
Other Qualifications (nice to have, but not required)
- Familiarity with designing accessible and global experiences
- Eagerness to do research with customers
- A degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Experience working with front-end developers
- Knowledge of analytics, data management and data visualization
What’s in it for you:
- Working with a diversity of stakeholders and partners in the context of a great company culture
- Getting to design for software used by much of the Fortune 500
- Partnership with and feedback from fellow designers (in Dublin, Prague, Colorado, and California)
- The opportunity to take on complex problems, and constantly learning
- A company culture that rewards great work, and a management team that genuinely cares about you, and about your career growth
- Flexibility to work between home and office
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!