We believe small businesses are at the heart of our communities, and championing them is worth fighting for. We empower small business owners to manage their finances fearlessly, by offering the simplest, all-in-one financial management solution they can't live without.
About the Team
We are a small, agile, integrated team, and we're focused on continually improving our skills and helping each other learn new things. As part of this team, you will reimagine our mobile presence in creating a unified experience for Wave Money, our brand new business bank account. This is an excellent opportunity to design a product from its early stages alongside a group of fantastic people. Looking to join this team? You'll work alongside some fantastic colleagues such as: Andlei Lisboa: Product Design ManagerKelsey Rodricks: Senior Product Manager
About this Role
We are passionate about learning and understanding our users' needs, behaviours, and emotions to create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products our customers love. Embedded within a cross-functional product team and reporting to a Design Manager, you craft experiences to complex problems and participate in all rituals throughout our Product Discovery and Delivery process.
Here's how you'll make an impact:
• Demonstrate a human-centric approach by being an advocate for our brave entrepreneurs.
• Evangelize a collaborative process to design the right thing and design the thing right.
• Gather insights from data research, develop hypotheses, sketch solutions, hold cross-functional design reviews, and continually test, experiment, and refine your work with users.
• Explore multiple possibilities before focusing on a solution that's of value and desirable, balancing user needs with business goals and strategy.
• Maintain an open mind and ego-less relationship to your work to drive improvements regardless of where they may come from.
• Evolve the mobile experience, taking a rapid, iterative approach from ideation to delivery and beyond.
You'll thrive here if you:
• Have a deep understanding and experience of working with native mobile design.
• Are comfortable with ambiguity, building strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
• Have strong verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas, goals, and problems in one-on-one or group situations.
• Have a solid understanding of human-centred design and experience working in agile, lean, fast-paced, changing environments.
• Experience in our industry, business model and competitive landscape, and align design decisions to strategic vision and outcomes.
• Put accessibility at the forefront of your design thinking.
• Familiarity with both Google’s Material Design Guidelines and Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines, and the role they play in native app design
What You Can Expect From Wave’s Recruitment Team:
We are human: Sara (and the rest of our team) is a real human being who is committed to giving you the best candidate experience out there. She also has a deep love for the outdoors and travel, so feel free to chat about your best adventures! We acknowledge you. We will review and respond to every application, whether you are selected for an interview or not.We are here for you. We will coach and support you through your recruitment process to help you prepare for every step of the way as best as we can - your success is our success.
We respect your time. We will do our best to review applications quickly, run multiple interviews on the same day, and follow up in a timely manner. We help you grow. We will gladly provide feedback if you ask us, because whether you join our team or not, we hope this will be a positive and valuable experience for you.We listen to you. We will also welcome your feedback, and we will take your suggestions to heart, so that we continuously provide the absolute best candidate experience.
At Wave, you’re treated like the incredible human being you are.
Work From Where You Work Best: We will always have a welcoming, energizing, and world-class office (in Toronto) with a space for you. Or, if you’re more comfortable working from home, the choice is yours.We Care About Future You: You will stretch yourself and you will grow at Wave. You will also be supported on this journey with diverse learning experiences, educational allowances, mentorship, and so much more.
We Support the Full You: We make a serious investment in your health & wellness. When we think about benefits we think about body, mind, & soul and we take this stuff very seriously. We Take Care of the Fundamentals: Fair compensation, all the office perks you’d want, and the various goodies you’d expect from a growing tech company. This is the obvious stuff, but we don’t want you to think we forgot!
Wavers are a special breed-- We could write a novel on our award-winning culture and what makes us, us. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates the best workplace. We embrace our differences, value individuality, and the broad spectrum of every Waver's skills and abilities. We challenge each other from a place of respect and pursuit of continuous growth. We trust each other and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, everyday. As Wavers, our voices matter, our opinions are met with an open mind. The best ideas win, no matter whose they are. Contributing to an inclusive culture is a part of all of our job descriptions.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of Canada’s Great Places to Work in categories including Technology, Millennials, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women.
Are you ready to be a Waver? Join us!