About The Role
As a Product Designer on Uber Ads+Offers, you'll solve hard and sophisticated problems that often span across the entire family of consumer-facing Uber apps and surfaces. You'll collaborate with engineers, product managers, and some of the world's best designers, researchers, and UX writers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Using your skills in concepting, facilitation, prototyping, and visual design, you'll build useful, functional, and impactful experiences that change the way people access local and enterprise commerce and make their lives more convenient. As a designer on a small but growing team, you’ll have an impact on our design framework, shape, and the way that we work and collaborate with each other.
The role demands system thinking, great execution, ambitious innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness, and humility to be passionate about the unknown and never settle, solving problems with creativity while keeping the user in mind and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build flows and prototypes to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of visual designWork with product managers to define products (requirements, strategic functionality, ambitious bets), not just translate them into design execution.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and operations
- Partner with engineers to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers, find opportunities and translate insights into product requirements and substantial action.
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help set the standard on the whole Uber experience
2+ years of product design experience
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Experience working with qualitative and quantitative data that helps ground your decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs.
- Experience building for a consumer audience
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross-functional teams and levels
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format—clearly demonstrate how your designs solve customers’ problems or make valuable contributions to their lives
- Ability to facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions
- A track record of shipping extraordinary design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and making vital tradeoff decisions.
- Experience building products for Android or iOS, and webKnowledge of mobile and web design patterns