The Discovery and Connection Team (D&C) supports people at the beginning part of their journey with Twitter. New and returning people visit Twitter for fresh and timely content and stay when they connect with a community and/or passion. Our charter is to craft a sense of belonging for everyone on Twitter by helping them connect with people, interests and passions.
As part of the Design and Research organization at Twitter we do our work with a set of 8 principles in mind. It’s our mission to uphold these principles and have them reflected in the experiences we design and build.
- Stand for people From helping people stay informed to engaging in the public conversation to growing their businesses, always advocate for what is best for the people we serve.
- Live in culture Be immersed in and inspired by culture and counterculture.
- Set standards & break records Strive for greatness. Don’t shortchange, shortcut, or settle.
- Work out loud Share your work and your POV. Create generously. Be transparent.
- Real talk Give direct, honest, timely feedback that meets people where they are—and helps them along their professional journey.
- Always be learning Run toward what you don't know.
- Own it Be responsible for your work, and accountable for the impact it has on other teams and those we serve. Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate.
- Soar Bias toward action. Be decisive. Optimize to fail quickly, and iterate.
Who is the customer journey team?
Whether you’re looking for Ariana Grande fanart, #herpetology, or extreme unicycling, it’s all happening on Twitter. Our team is responsible for helping new members navigate the diverse array of public conversations happening on Twitter and quickly find a sense of belonging. We seek to build deep understanding and empathy with our customers to understand what brought them to Twitter in the first place and to identify how we can help them continue to find value on the platform.
What You Might Bring To The Team\
As a senior designer passionate about customer journey, you’ll spend as much time dreaming about the future with researchers as you do planning an experimentation roadmap with product managers and engineers. You’ll bring strong opinions about how design can lead a strategic vision and collaborate respectfully with cross-functional partners. You bias to action and build quickly and share often to include as many perspectives as possible in your work.
Bring Twitter’s future into the present
- Rapidly design, prototype, and develop elegant solutions focused on helping customers understand the value of Twitter.
- Gather insights from data and qualitative research, develop hypotheses, sketch solutions with prototypes, and test ideas with our research team and in experiments.
- Think about universal designs that can scale not just across platforms but also internationally and across user types.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the features on Twitter’s apps and website.
- Evangelize the best UI practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Mentor other designers.
- 5+ years experience designing and building products for mobile and desktop experiences
- Experience driving product strategy in collaboration with Product and Engineering leaders.
- Experience designing for machine-learning, rich taxonomies, and / or interest graphs.
- Experience iterating on design with experimentation (e.g. A/B testing)
- Demonstrate ability to define strong hypotheses and incorporate data into your design process
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for identifying and solving customer problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable designing and prototyping in high fidelity to help others visualize the future
Why Work with Us
We care about making work happy and productive for everyone, with the option to work from home, wellness benefits, regular focus weeks, #NoMeetingFridays, and six months of parental leave.
- Challenge - Our teams are solving some of the industry’s hardest problems with the best teammates. Come to be challenged, learn and thrive as an engineer on our team.
- Diversity - We value all backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. Diversity makes us a better organization and team. Bring your full self!
- Work, Life, Balance - Be your best self, so you can do your best work. Balance in all things.
- Collaboration - Help each other, pair up, deliver as a team. Together we can go far.
Variety - We encourage team rotations that allow you to work with and learn from other teams in Core Services.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The applicable salary range for each U.S.-based role is based on where the employee works and is aligned to one of 4 tiers according to a cost of labor index in that geographic area. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. The expected salary ranges for this role, are set forth below. These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Tier A USD $186,000 - USD $259,000
- Tier B USD $175,000 - USD $247,000
- Tier C USD $167,000 - USD $234,000
- Tier D USD $157,000 - USD $220,000
You can view which tier applies to where you plan to work here and is updated for any future jurisdiction which requires publication of the salary range on the job posting. If your location is not listed, please speak with your recruiter for additional information.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.