Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it.
You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all, including the same team behind Livongo, a digital health company that exited for $18.5B in 2020. We closed on our Series B funding in June 2021, raising our total funding to $98 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
What we look for in our teammates
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
In this role, you will...
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll partner with Product and Engineering teams to create delightful, effortless experiences for our users. You'll shape our products by understanding our users' needs and translating them into intuitive designs, validating them frequently during their path from concept to polished product. If you constantly analyze and obsess over other product’s experiences—we’d like to hear from you!
This position will report to our Design Lead and can work remotely. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts for our cloud-based applications
- Build concepts and high-fidelity interactive prototypes to help guide the future direction of the experience
- Frequently conduct discovery research and usability tests
- Collaborate with cross-functional agile software product development teams that include Product Managers and Engineers to determine feasibility and align to the product’s strategy
- Cultivate optimistic outlooks, promote a positive culture within your teams, and overcome challenges through endurance, grit, and persistence
- Incorporate well-crafted visual design and can leverage and contribute to a design system
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in graphic design, HCI, UX, a related area of study is preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing world-class apps with a strong portfolio of design work
- Strong aptitude for performing and synthesizing research, including contextual inquiry
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record presenting designs and articulating design decisions to both cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Proficiency in leading design software such as Figma, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in leading prototyping software such as Principle, Framer, Finto, etc.
- Extreme ownership, bias to action, and know-how to succeed in ambiguity
- Ability to design as a team, exploring and promoting new ideas, especially those that aren’t your own
- You’re self-aware and lead from a place of empathy
- Excellent visual design skills, typography, layout, and color usage
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!