Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an ability to balance user goals with business objectives, while delivering intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” Our future teammate is someone who is excited about improving the lives of everyone working in a restaurant kitchen from line cooks to expediters. You’ll be working on both digital and physical product experiences that support kitchens of all shapes and sizes. Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you; your high quality standards and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; and you acknowledge there’s always more to learn.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. Demonstrated skills include user needs analysis, business process analysis, workflow design, rapid prototyping, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose - we enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll (Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, identify opportunities, and find high-impact design solutions
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Navigate ambiguity and complexity to arrive at simple, intuitive experiences
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Do you have the right ingredients\*? (Requirements):Passion for doing right by the customer
- Demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area within a complex system, and connect that to a broader product vision
- Experience designing for native mobile apps and responsive web platforms
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Fluency in Figma and other prototyping and design collaboration tools
- Bonus: Designing hardware-based experiences
- Bread puns encouraged but not required
- As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.