As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our UX Team drives the innovative thinking that leads to exceptional customer experiences. We use design thinking methodologies to deliver best in class designs in a fast-paced, collaborative working environment. If you are creative and have a passion for solving complex workflows with simple solutions in an ever-changing problem space, this team is for you.
About the Role:
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Design and deliver solutions to problems within industry leading applications
- Contribute to & enable the delivery of well thought UX deliverables (wireframes, prototypes, designs, etc.)
- Influence the strategy and overall user experience of products and capabilities
- Mentor the project team you support and provide guidance though example
- Establish and refine design patterns and templates
- Work within fast deadlines without compromising quality
- Advocate for design with user-centered design best practices and methodologies
- Cultivate collaborative cross-functional teams
- Present and defend your work and the work of your team to stakeholders and peers
- Provide feedback on the work of your fellow designers and seek opportunities to mentor
- Facilitate stakeholder conversations and workshops
- Understand the business needs and transfer those needs into meaningful experiences
- Proactively apply and promote Accessibility best practices and designing for inclusivity
You’re a fit for the role of Senior UX Designer if you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a UX related field
- Background in information design, interaction design, visual design, or similar
- Strong understanding of design and technical expertise
- A comprehensive portfolio of work that highlights your mastery of design thinking
- Expert understanding of the principles of design, information flow, and accessibility
- Thorough product design experience paired with passion for design thinking
- Critical thinking skills that allow for creative problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in fast-paced agile product development environments
- History of working with a globally distributed team
- Strong experience delivering native iOS and responsive designs
- Experience delivering consumer grade digital products
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently, as part of our COVID-19 response, our employees are working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with the majority of our offices planning to remain remote throughout 2021. Upon return, we will embrace a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking.
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.