Come and join the FindLaw team as we work to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly Digital company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are transforming and re-imagining our business, by focusing on the individual user. We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven user experience professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into elegant solutions that meet our users’ needs. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative, supportive environment where diverse thinking, innovative design and experimentation is welcomed and encouraged. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we work together to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
Our customers range from small entrepreneurs to large corporations and government clients across the globe. They are under a lot of pressure to ensure the products and services they purchase meet their business needs and we need to design experiences to help them. Our customers desire a seamless and intuitive way to explore our suite of products and when the decision to purchase is made – making that purchasing experience as simple as possible.
As Lead Designer, you’ll be expected to work closely with Product Managers, Director of UX, Content Strategists, UX/UI designers, Developers and Researchers to create elegant customer experiences. You’re an individual that knows the balance of being a creator while leading user experience and collaborating with team members to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements that meets business needs and delights our customers. You seek ways to remove the difficult and make complex interactions feel easy and have a seamless flow.
You’ll need to deliver in line with time and budget restraints, and be able to confidently make — and defend — design and content decisions. Our team strives to create customer focused online experiences in an agile environment.
About The Role
As a Lead Designer, you will:
Create and build: Be an effective advocate for the user and be able to successfully lead the implementation of feature-sets and interactions that provide an excellent customer experience.
- Rapidly define and iterate journey maps, storyboards, user flows, sketches, wireframes, and other design artifacts to effectively communicate interaction and a dynamic content strategy.
- Have an expert-level knowledge of responsive UI design methodology and processes (user-centered and iterative design).
- Create prototypes for UX research testing and development hand-off. (Figma, Invision, Abstract, Adobe Xd).
- Coach designers in developing UX strategy and roadmaps and conduct design reviews and provide feedback
- Build proficiency in modern UX Toolkits and build up team capabilities around how we work
Be part of a collaborative team: Work closely with the UX Director, Lead Content Strategist, Lead UI Designer, and Product Manager in a collaborative team-oriented environment, where we share information, value diverse ideas, and partner with cross functional and remote teams.
- Work alongside information architects, developers, researchers and subject matter experts to create new products, features and functionality.
- Concept, implement and measure best practices and initiatives driving team culture, diversity and inclusion.
- Work closely with design and product management to proactively clarify requirements and use cases for your program, actively seeking clarification when there is ambiguity.
- Participate in quarterly planning and an end-to-end design process.
- Mentor other designers in their UX practice.
Be an Effective Communicator: Articulate complex technical issues, share ideas, participate in peer-reviews, and exhibit strong listening skills in which you lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity.
- Justify and articulate design decisions during design reviews.
- Collaborate with UX team leadership in key project decision-making, including: requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of teams and approval.
- Anticipate bottlenecks or obstacles, provide escalation management, and articulate risks, trade-offs, and recommend prioritization based on a balance of business needs, technical constraints, and customer impact.
- Communicate core project information to stakeholders and senior management.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming and sketching sessions with product teams.
Be Curious & Innovative: Continuously update yourself with next generation user experiences, technology, and contribute to process development practices.
- Turn user research and usability feedback into easy-to-use solutions.
- Gather, analyze and synthesize UX needs for complex product and user requirements.
- Experience with developing A/B test and leveraging testing software is a plus
- Super passionate about emerging technology, experience design and creative innovation.
- Drive innovation and quality of our products through great UX
You’re a fit for the role of Lead UX Designer if you have:
- 8+ years design experience in an interaction design, content strategy, some UX writing, information design, user interface design, human factors engineering, user experience, or information architect position
- Proven strong leadership of design practice
- Mastery in responsive design
- Mastery in prototyping tools: Figma, Invision, Adobe Xd, Abstract
- Strong portfolio of work that illustrates your process, your level of craft, and outcomes
- Familiarity with Agile development
- Confidence in working with strong, passionate, fast-paced team environment
- Strong time-management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in interaction design, visual design, fine art, visual communications, HCI or related field (or equivalent industry training / experience)
- Familiarity with: Web standards (W3C and 508) / best practices for interaction design and Accessibility
What’s In It For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.