The Newsette is looking for a Designer to join our design team. While our company HQ is in New York City, all employees are working remotely until further notice and being based in New York is not a requirement for this position.
The Newsette is a trusted voice among millennial and Gen-Z women. Since 2016, we’ve successfully used our DNA as digital storytellers to help brand partners tell their own stories in a clear, authentic, and compelling way. We founded Newland, our creative agency, in order to help our partners tell their stories at scale.
About This Job:
This is a dynamic design job - each day will be different and you’ll be constantly challenged to create new and exciting visual products. You will play a key role in conceptualizing and creating assets for our hundreds of thousands of readers. This role will also support our marketing teams, bringing to life a wide variety of design needs for groundbreaking client activations. You will be instrumental in building and driving visual excitement around everything that we do: making people feel good every day.
- 3+ years of professional experience in graphic design, ideally at a media company or marketing agency
- An available online portfolio of your previous work demonstrating seasonal, event and/or brand campaigns across multiple touchpoints
- Proven experience creating detailed and thoughtful illustrations
- Strong experience in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Keynote and video/motion experience is a plus!
- Deep understanding of design principles, trends, and best practices across social, digital and print
- Ability to translate ideas into visual designs and thoughtfully incorporate feedback
- Conviction in your work and a keen attention to detail
- Curious and excited to continually learn and grow
- Own creation of visual assets across Newsette and Newland projects
- Collaborate closely with editorial, marketing, sales, and client teams to conceptualize and design amazing assets
- Work with the design team to ensure cohesive brand experiences and adherence to design systems
- Design requests can vary to custom logo takeover illustrations to magazine design to visualizing on-site experiences to social graphic designs
- Collaborative and positive team in a work environment where your efforts will directly impact the business
- Comprehensive healthcare plan including vision and dental
- 401(k) plan
- Generous vacation and PTO policy
- Annual Learn-A-Latte lifelong learning stipend
- Company supported team gatherings
- Unlimited photos requests of Leo the Poodle, our Chief Happiness Officer
The Newsette is proud to be building a fun and challenging workplace that is free from discrimination. We believe that a team made up of diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives will make for a better working environment and stronger company.