Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
It's an exciting time in financial services as the digital revolution has fully taken hold. Design and innovation are at the forefront of understanding and responding to rising consumer expectations. TD’s Experience Strategy and Design team prides itself on creating industry-leading experiences that are used by millions of people on a regular basis.
At TD, our mission is to design personalized experiences that seamlessly integrate with our customer’s daily lives – both digital and physical. The foundation of our design practice is a deep understanding of our customers' needs, motivations, behaviours and preferences. You’ll work closely with the best design research team in the industry to unearth unarticulated customer needs and translate those into holistic "North Star" experience visions.
Our team is looking for a Principal User Experience Designer to help conceptualize new, client-focused experiences across the entire end-to-end customer journey. As a design leader at TD, you’re a seasoned expert in both experience strategy & conceptual design. You thrive in ambiguity, are passionate about understanding and championing user needs, and are driven to create thoughtful, useful, and delightful experiences that bring value to people's daily lives. You're a phenomenal communicator who is at ease presenting and selling your vision to Senior Management and Executive stakeholders, as well as discussing the detailed business, product, and technology enablers required to bring it to life.
In this role you'll work closely with a small team of user experience designers and design researchers to conceptualize, prototype, and iterate on new products and services within TD's digital ecosystem. You'll serve as the strategic design lead on multiple projects, set the bar for high quality work, and motive our high-performing teams by providing hands-on design direction.
If you're a hands-on design leader who wants to make an impact, challenge old ways of thinking, and put the customer at the center all that you do, we want to hear from you!
- Lead Experience Strategy across key initiatives, framing new product and service opportunities by crafting clear and compelling "North Star" Experience Visions, and providing strategic guidance through roadmapping and execution.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams through TD's human-centered design process to uncover unarticulated customer needs, conceptualize new product and service experiences, and identify experience enablers
- Lead and oversee the timely delivery of high-quality Experience Strategy deliverables, including but not limited to discovery plans, user research findings, competitive insights, design principles, experience prototypes, experience strategy presentations, and experience roadmaps.
- Craft tangible and compelling Experience Visions, eloquently communicating ideas and rationale to Senior Management and Executives
- Lead and motive high-performing teams, through hands-on design direction and effective feedback.
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with business, product, and technology partners to ensure the delivery of industry-leading experiences
- Promote cross-disciplinary collaboration by sharing knowledge, information, and subject matter expertise
- Ensure a holistic and integrated approach across the Enterprise as appropriate
- A degree in design or a design-related discipline (industrial design, user-centered design, human factors, psychology, human-computer interaction, information systems etc.)
- 15+ years of proven experience conceptualizing complex, transactional experiences at Enterprise or consumer-focused companies
- A passion for design with proven experience in product and service design, including a proficiency in customer-centric, data-informed product design and development; A desire to make a strong impact and tackle big and challenging initiatives
- A solid understanding of all creative disciplines (experience strategy, design research, interaction design, visual design, copywriting)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with organizational awareness to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders, communicate difficult concepts and integrate work with other areas
- Highly self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Strong attention to detail
- Versatility and flexibility; comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Skilled at conflict resolution and negotiation, persuading and influencing others to reach a shared understanding and consensus
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.