You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Sun Life Financial is looking to add a Senior UX designer with responsive web product design experience to join our Client Experience team. You will work with an agile team to champion human-centred design, define our clients’ needs and behaviours, and to ensure they closely align with our key success metrics. You will collaborate with product owners, engineering and broader UX teams, as well as key stakeholders across our business to deliver meaningful data-driven design solutions.
What will you do?
- Apply user-centred design principles to influence product strategy and direction.
- Advocate for data-driven design solutions for web and mobile.
- Take ownership and drive UX strategy - be an evangelist for UX practices across the company.
- Conduct user research to discover insights, define user personas, and map user journeys.
- Create distinctive digital experiences that are desirable and consistent across multiple platforms, devices, and channels.
- Develop user scenarios, personas, user flows, design concepts, low and high-fidelity wireframes, and prototypes, UI standards documents, and other design documents as needed.
- Conduct concept and usability testing to iteratively validate and improve design solutions.
- Actively collaborate as part of the team to ensure designs are feasible and implemented accurately.
- Track user experience metrics and analytics, including reporting on the success of UX improvements.
- Ensure standards and best practices are appropriately communicated and documented.
- Collaborate with Product Leads to ensure a clear understanding of user needs and problems to be solved/jobs to be done.
- Manage user experience deliverables as required to ensure expectations are successfully met.
- Lead the production of annotated wireframes, design specs and other documentation as needed within all project timelines.
- Ensure proposed workflows reflect client needs and maintain consistency across features/platforms.
- Determine the need for user research and user testing; then orchestrate and oversee the process.
- Review, interpret, and share research findings with project teams, working to build a shared understanding of client needs and pain points.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in user-centered digital design and user experience.
- University degree or certification in User Experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating impactful customer experiences, including experience developing digital products from initial concept through to implementation.
- Design experience ranging across web and mobile (mobile web and native applications).
- Strong knowledge and experience designing wireframes and interactive prototypes using industry software (e.g. Figma, Sketch, InVision).
- Familiar working with design systems that consistently scale across platforms.
- Well-versed in current accessibility standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate the value of a design choice to users and non-designer stakeholders.
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to advocate for user needs based on qualitative feedback and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of current web standards and the latest trends
- Strong sense of ownership and proactively advocates for the end user
- Understanding of front-end web development an asset (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Experience working in agile methodology is a plus
- Experience working in health tech/digital health a major plus
What's in it for you?
- Being a member of the Sun Life family, a group of people united by our Purpose: to help Clients and Employees achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives
- Collaborating with, and learning from, a dynamic team of designers and writers supporting our Lumino Health experience
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Flexible benefits from the day you join to meet the needs of you and your family
- Pension, stock, and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com .
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
74,900/74 900 - 125,900/125 900
Client / User Experience Design
Posting End Date: