Job Summary And Mission
Come be part of an innovative team that believes in digging deeper to figure out how technology should work for our retail partners (employees). We’re looking for a senior user experience designer to join our team and likes to work in all facets of human-centered design.
Starbucks, as a company is all about creating a culture of warmth and belonging, acting with courage, and delivering our very best. We are performance driven, through the lens of humanity. When you work with us, you hold Starbucks legacy. Our mission: Inspiring and nurturing the human spirit — one person, one cup, one neighborhood at a time. We are looking for someone who is not only passionate around design but embodies the Starbucks mission and values
About The Role
You will bring our vision to life using research-supported decision making and user-centered experience design, focusing less on creating screens (although still a large part of the job) and more on creating impact for your customer. Aside from being the champion for our store partners, you will also do research in partnership with our Innovation Lab to keep our products and services up-to-date and innovative.
Our growing UX team is building strong partnerships that help us push products to the next level. We are a close-knit group who work well together and bring to the table a broad product design skill set. To continue to advocate and champion human-centered design, we are looking for leaders who are comfortable advocating for the user while being respectful, and those who can help us evolve as we define and uphold an efficient and effective design process. Most importantly, you understand the value of a good team culture and will invest the time and energy needed to keep it strong.
- Needs to be competent in all facets of the design process, and exceptionally talented and skilled in Interaction and Information Architecture Design.
- A well-rounded UX/UI professional who connects the dots between business
- needs, innovation, and good design.
- Obsessed with good mobile first user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead others in a agile team, driving design from planning to release over multiple releases.
- Collaborates with product management to define features and how they map to customer and business need.
- Deliver multiple concurrent products
- Prioritizes own work and contributes to the prioritization of team’s work and projects.
- Contributes to building and maintaining a strong team-oriented environment and design system
- Serve as a mentor to other designers, supporting their growth and development, including peer reviews, collaboration across products, etc.
- Ability to provide level of effort intakes for new products, projects, or ad hoc requests
- Be a strong user advocate
Required Knowledge: Skills & Abilities
- Portfolio link and password is required for consideration
- 4+ years professional experience as a key, hands-on user experience designer of a UX/UI team through the product development cycle of successfully launched web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- Creating and walking stakeholders through user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, usability studies, and other design deliverables
- Proven ability to present to all levels
- Proficient using Figma
- Ability to learn from critique, apply feedback and be able to critique other products
- Demonstrated history of performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com