Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
- For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio\*\*\*
Square is looking for a Senior Interactive Designer to join our award-winning Creative team, with a focus on our Customers and Point of Sale business. This includes the Square Point of Sale app and its associated add-on products, like Invoices, Gift Cards, Team Management, Marketing, and Loyalty. This is the central foundation of our business. You will work with our different product teams, including PMs, PMMs, Product Designers and Engineers to create smart solutions that help tell the story of Square's growing ecosystem of products. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, UX/UI, product development, visual design, prototyping, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
This is a crucial, hands-on role that requires the ability to translate project strategy into great design experiences. We expect pixel excellence to make projects shine through their life cycles. And we need you to guide our growing creative team, and help them achieve outstanding work as well.
Our designers are a central part of a team of program managers, art directors, designers, production designers, copywriters, creative strategists, and engineers. For us, design isn't static; it moves, talks, sings and vibrates. You will need to think in three dimensions; static, print, moving animations and how people interact with your design.
- Translate marketing strategies into campaign landing pages, web product pages, and email campaigns. Iterate quickly and communicate ideas across various levels of fidelity, with the ability to receive feedback constructively and provide feedback onto other's' work
- Create video and motion graphics style frames, exhibition graphics, interface design, visualization, presentation design, information graphics, branding and print graphics
- You may also co-direct photo shoots and design physical installations
- Have a collaborative design process, starting with content strategy, visual concepting, and wireframing, all the way through design execution
- Demonstrate an expertise in typography, composition, layout, and motion design in the solutions you create
- Design at a systems level, where components can be built to grow and optimized across different screen sizes and devices
- Consider the holistic user journey across any brand touchpoints you create
- Collaborate across the Square organization to guarantee an integrated customer experience
- Direct and mentor other writers to assist you in all these endeavors and help grow their careers
- 8+ years of experience
- Expert in Figma, in addition to Adobe CC
- Multiple styles of design and illustration
- Best practices knowledge in usability and UX
- An understanding of the opportunities and limitations of the modern web
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects, Lottie, or Celtra
- Light front-end coding (CSS styling)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.