Snapcommerce is a high growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~100 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup. With a high-performing team of world class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our user’s lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company.
Remote work opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our growing Product & Design team. As a Senior Product Designer, you will play a key role in every part of the design process, from user research, to conception, to UI/UX, to validation. You will work hand-in-hand with Product, Engineering, and Growth to develop innovative new products, optimize our current products and create engaging product-led growth and retention campaigns. You will join the Product & Design team to strategize, create and execute on industry-leading designs and user experiences. In this role you will pair your hands-on design skills with the ability to lead user research incentives, build processes, turn ideas into reality, and constantly iterate to improve products.
- Design Foundations: you will be a fierce champion for best practice both implementing and creating well thought out experiences across the product. You will help, further grow, and push the boundaries on Snaptravel’s “Atlas” design system created in Figma.
- Data & User Research Driven Design: You're experienced with how to leverage the power of qualitative user research and quantitative data to identify problems, opportunities, and solutions. Because you understand what types of insights each of these different data sources can provide, you know what type of data to ask for, as well as how to organize, interpret, and use that data to make strategic design decisions.
- Balance business goals with optimal UX: We operate at such a large scale that small design decisions you make will increase/decrease our revenue by $100,000s. You’ll be constantly making design decisions to maximize both UX and revenue
- Communication and Collaboration: you value everyone's perspectives - customers, colleagues, etc - and one of your most powerful design skills is facilitation to help everyone on your team understand the full context of a problem, opportunity, or solution and come to a shared understanding.
- Self-management and Prioritization - You do not need any hand-holding and can manage your priorities by scoping your work effort and collaborating with product managers and engineers to sequence your work.
- Delightful Experiences: Our success depends on the value, satisfaction, and delight that we deliver to our users. You will be constantly looking for ways that we can deliver value to our customers through UI and motion design.
What you Bring to the Table:
- You have 4+ years of Product Design experience, ideally within a fast-moving tech environment.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and love to drive new initiatives.
- Proven capability to launch polished, well-thought-out experiences based on data, user research, best design practices, and your strong understanding of core UX principles.
- You have led both attitudinal and behavioral user research initiatives, and have a vast knowledge of various user research methodologies and how to best apply them.
- You know how to create and implement micro UI interactions in an effective way to ensure a positive response from users.
- Previously shipped great consumer-facing (B2C) products for web and mobile
- You have worked with and contributed to a design system across multiple platforms through Figma.
- You’re able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and why you've made certain design decisions
- You know the ins and outs of the latest design tools, including Figma, Framer, Flinto, ect.
- You embrace an attitude of learning, you're always looking to learn and share something new
- You deliver pixel perfect work while thinking about UX holistically
- You work well with engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle
- You're not afraid to challenge the status quo and push the boundaries of good design
Bonus Points if you Have:
- Experience mentoring/managing junior product designers on your team
- Have strong UX writing and conversational design skills
- Experience building e-commerce products
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy.
- Enjoy employee rewards and travel discounts using SnapTravel.
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- Uber Eats credits, meal budgets, special treats and team lunches. When in office enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea and other drinks.
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesday’s, and Lunch & Learn opportunities.
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation and a flexible return-to-work plan.
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team bonding games, workouts and more. Keeping our teams engaged, even in the remote world.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.