Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
The Lens Team creatively applies innovative augmented reality technology to design and ship Face Lenses, World Lenses,AR Games ,Utilities and more. This team is composed of designers, data scientists, and product/program managers, interactive engineers that create custom AR lenses and interactive Snapchat games.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our Lens team!
What You’ll Do
- Research trends of AR market and user’s behavior
- Design products that provide value to users and brands
- Lead project from scratch to release and contribute to the content strategy and roadmap by improving and expanding user experience in the product
- Create UX specs that contain user stories, interactive prototypes, user journey, privacy limitations, etc.
- Plan experiments and conduct A/B tests to discover the right UX iteratively.
- Collaborate with Client Engineers, Interactive Engineers, VFX artists and Backend developers to bring products to life Spark joy and bring fun with each feature
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to convey AR concepts through wireframes, flows, storyboards, and mockups.
- An expert communicator who can effectively communicate a design and vision through text, speech, and imagery
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability toward the product
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of product design experience for mobile and web applications
- Highly proficient in Figma, Photoshop, and any prototype tool (Principle, Flinto, Framer)
- Portfolio demonstrating experience designing and shipping products
- Experience in A/B test practice
- Experience with designing immersive AR/VR applications and/or designing with 3D assets
- Experience of continuous product improvement.
- Experience designing for camera applications or experiences related to the camera
- Experience using Snapchat and Lens Studio
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits : Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!