Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is currently looking for a talented UX Designer for our Halo Infinite team! As a UX Designer, you will be instrumental in contributing to building features in Halo Forge. Your creativity and effort will empower people around the globe to build their own unique worlds. As part of the team, you will work to ensure the Forge game mode meets the product vision. Our ideal candidate has experience overseeing, documenting, and/or leading the design on wholesale features or modes on a shipped title from concept to release.
- Take creative direction from design leads to meet the product vision
- Create, iterate, and maintain design documentation
- Present and take feedback from key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering & art teams to plan, review, and signoff on software progress
- Validate designs via playtests or surveys to drive product quality
- Learn from community feedback and data to improve player experience
- Partner with both internal and external partner teams within an agile framework
- 2+ years experience in UX Design
- Familiarity with game engines such as; Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, or similar
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Skilled at documenting design specifications and presenting to others
- Passionate about Halo Multiplayer or Forge
- Solid understanding of first-person-shooters
- Experience leading small to medium-sized teams
- Shipped at least one title in a game design role
- AAA Console/PC title experience
- Experience designing tools
- Experience creating content using Map Builders or Mods
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada, with plans to a return in a hybrid capacity in 2022. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.