Requisition ID: 142511
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Working as part of a dynamic team within Scotiabank's Real Estate department, the Designer is responsible for working with the ABWT Team on all design related issues of the ABWT program. The Designer is responsible for planning, specification, 3D creation, presentations, site review, drawing review, material management, and problem resolution related to their projects.
- Working with the Design Leadership to provide Design Solutions suitable to the business requirement of the Partner
- Keep informed on trends related to their expertise, and overall Design trends related to FIs
- Keep informed on furniture and material trends and market information, including specs, costs, and potential supply chain issues
- Coordinate and liaise with a team of design and construction experts, including architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants as well as landlords, building officials and municipalities, if required, to cost effectively meet project objectives and maintain Bank’s design requirements.
- Work with a varied team including architect and design consultants, Engineering professionals, internal PM, Leasing, Change and ABWT Team members to ensure projects are completed within the time and budget allocated and in accordance with defined Bank standards and delivered with excellence in design and experience
- Coordinate and provide timely and informative feedback on status of projects under their lead, recommend issues or opportunities to Team Leaders for optimum resolution and solutions.
- Develop and assess applicability of alternate products and applications to advance Bank’s cost and occupancy strategies.
- Good understanding of standards, specifications, and other technical issues for Programs under their guidance.
Supports Team On Full Workload Compliment Which Includes
- Primarily Canadian / GTA centric, but supporting Global ABW programs
- Annual spend on projects approximately $44.0 MM
- Annual workload of projects – 5 Ecosytems; 4 New initiatives; 15 renovations / updates
- Complaint with Code, Accessibility regulations
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Interior Design or Architecture Degree; desirable to have professional designation in one of those professions or working towards full professional designation
- Working knowledge of Code, Accessibility, Sustainability as it relates to the program responsibilities
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.