We're looking for an enthusiastic UI/UX designer (who loves a challenge) to help shape our innovative mobile and web-based hearing health products. Your efforts will help guide our teams’ work to make hearing healthcare as universally accessible and engaging as possible.
Why we need you:
Design decisions help determine how our company’s future looks and feels. That’s saying a lot! We are consistently and constantly growing in our products and our company, and we need a strategic, talented, and experienced designer to inform, enable, and advocate for good design.
Your primary responsibilities:
You’ll be the designer and UX specialist on a product team that spans both iOS and web application design. You’ll work with a diverse, development-driven team to come up with innovative solutions, and support ongoing user experience and design initiatives across the company with your fellow designers.
Here’s some of the nitty gritty of what that will look like:
• Contributing to the design of new solutions by sharing the user perspective in brainstorming sessions with your team.Mapping out user experience journeys for new features and functionality.
• Sketching, wireframing, and prototyping solutions depending on requirements
• Planning, executing, and summarizing usability testing of proposed solutions
• Creating mockups of user interfaces for both iOS and web applications
• Presenting and sharing final designs with stakeholders
• Providing design feedback to developers and working with them to realize amazing user experiences.
• Championing user experience and inclusive design across the company
• Min. 2 years experience working as a professional designer, with experience in a product company preferred
• Diploma or degree in design (or equivalent experience)
• Strong familiarity with industry-standard design software such as Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and prototyping tools like Invision or Balsamiq
• Demonstrated experience in wireframing, prototyping, creating mockups, and facilitating or participating in usability testing
• Demonstrated experience designing for apps/mobile and webStrong eye for design and understanding of UX principles
• Experience working with and thriving in a team
• Strong communication skills across all channels: visual, oral, and written
• Familiarity with working in an Agile environment
• Knowledge of print design best practicesUX Research experience
• Knowledge of Apple Human Interface design
• Knowledge of WCAG AA 2.1 and accessibility best practices
• Motion or animation design experience
Who are we?
We’re SHOEBOX Audiometry. We design and develop products that are creating a seismic shift in the way hearing healthcare is provided. Utilizing iOS and web technology to replace bulky, expensive equipment, we’re bringing hearing testing into the 21st century and making it more affordable and accessible than ever before.
Why that’s important: 5% of the world’s population suffers from disabling hearing loss, 60% of childhood hearing loss is due to preventable causes, and the majority of people with disabling hearing loss live in low-middle income countries. We can help. With our products, hearing testing can be conducted outside of a sound booth and without the need for clunky equipment (you just need a calibrated headset and an iPad), which allows for testing almost anywhere, anytime, worldwide.
At SHOEBOX, your contribution will have a meaningful impact every single day. On top of that, you’ll be an integral part of an innovative team, working with the latest tools and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what the marketing function can do, and collaborating with salespeople and developers who are super passionate about their crafts.
In joining us, you’re joining a dedicated and passionate team that works hard and cares deeply about the change we’re making in the world. We also take time to celebrate our successes, enjoy lunchtimes together, and genuinely like and care about one another. Also, our founder knows how to do magic tricks. It’s pretty cool.
To learn more about us and what we stand for, check out our story and blog.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, real work-life balance, flexible hours, and a discretionary wellness benefit. SHOEBOX will provide you with a MacBook Pro with memory to spare and a 4K monitor.
We invite enthusiastic and qualified applicants to submit their resume, and a link to their portfolio by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “UX/UI designer” in the subject line and be sure to let us know why you’d be the perfect addition to our team!
Portfolio requirements include:Examples of real world, professional, digital product design (web or mobile apps). You should be able to discuss your client collaboration process and any compromises that were made over the course of the project.Demonstration of design process through wireframing, prototyping, sketches, etc. Successful applicants are people who stand out and really demonstrate passion for their chosen career. Tell us something more than just your work history—what’s your favourite part of the design process? What’s the most interesting project you’ve ever worked on? We want to know.We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SHOEBOX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.