Here at Relay, our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. With Relay, business owners can open a bank account in minutes, issue corporate cards in seconds and automate their bookkeeping – giving them better cashflow visibility.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and playing to win, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us scale our product team and deliver delightful customer experiences. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact both on the Relay product as well as help shape Relay’s design function from the ground up. If you are empowered by creating simple yet intuitive designs from complex user and technical requirements, let’s talk design.
How you will make an impact in your first six months:
- Participate in the end-to-end cycle of new projects of every scale. This means supporting user research, framing problems, communicating user stories, running collaborative ideation sessions, designing, prototyping and testing multiple solutions, monitoring implementation, and iterating on results
- Help nurture a culture of customer understanding, where we are curious to hear from our customers, and learn how to simplify and set them up for success with our products
- Work with product managers to define the problem and come up with alternative solutions, and their requirements, not just translate briefs into screens
- Infuse the digital experience with delightful moments, motion, and illustration assets
- Produce both long-term, inspirational prototypes and more immediate quick fixes and production deliverables
- Be an early stakeholder in defining our design and product team's culture, rituals and activities, acting as a key supporter to the well-being and impact of the design org as a whole. Have ideas? Want to implement new processes? We want to hear about it!
How you can make an impact right away:
- You have 2+ years of professional design experience
- You have experience designing and prototyping in different fidelity levels, from abstract flow diagrams to production-ready screens in multiple platforms
- You are able and curious to use research as a base for your work, including reviewing customer feedback, setting up and conducting interviews, administering surveys, and investigating our ample data resources
- You are able to communicate designs in terms of the problem, solution, and results to both technical and non technical audiences alike
- You understand user experience is a journey across touchpoints and channels, not just screens - our customers are the centre of everything we do
- You value transparency by sharing work early, involving the right stakeholders at the appropriate times, and being receptive to design critiques and feedback
- You're skilled with Figma and/or Sketch, or other tools such as Miro
- You have a desire and ability to learn. We don't expect you to arrive as an expert in all the tools and experience above, so you should be self-determined and have a strong desire to grow
Nice to have:
- Experience contributing to brainstorms and other design workshops
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or related discipline
If you join us, you will have:
- The opportunity to help shape Relay’s Product function from the ground up
- Personal and professional growth. We care about getting better everyday and leveling up. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- An outstanding work environment that is passionate about getting stuff done, collaboration, learning and having fun
- Comprehensive benefits and a health spending account (HSA) from day 1 of employment
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Considerable vacation
- End of year holiday shutdown
- Birthday perks!
- Hybrid working environment
\*Please be advised that candidates will be required to complete a Background Check in order to work at Relay Financial.\*
What’s important to us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.
We look forward to hearing from you!