What is the opportunity?
Technology is the engine that drives us forward and RBC is continuing to evolve to meet changing customer needs through technology and innovation. The UI / UX Designer, Self-Support & Automation will play a critical role in supporting the delivery of a conversational AI chat bot and other initiatives to share the tech support culture at RBC. The UI / UX Designer will provide advice and guidance to stakeholders and team members on user experience design. The role creates complex artifacts and leads projects to facilitate user experience and interaction with RBC’s technology products and services, planning, and execution to ensure both a positive employee experience and operational successes.
What will you do?
Visual Design Strategy
- Uses a comprehensive understanding of visual design theory, research data and best practices to design high complexity visual artifacts for digital media (web and mobile) to exchange information, elicit emotion and facilitate interaction
- Creates complex low-fidelity sketches, hi-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes to communicate intent, or delivery specifications for development
- Creates visual components considering the broader context, to be used in multiple situations, to bring about efficiency and consistency and create delight by using the principles of design in a manner that both engages with the user and adds value to the digital experience
- Uses dynamic visualizations to support analytic thinking with large data sets
- Ensures visual displays, components, colour and type meet the specified accessibility requirements
- Using the right research method to understand a user problem, guides team and business on test planning best practices, creates and executes against test plans for IA and Usability tests through both moderated and unmoderated sessions
- Leads visual design projects / group tasks
- 5+ years of experience in graphic, UI, or UX design with experience in web and mobile and using data-driven analytics
- Strong technical understanding of and expertise in visual design practice theory / visual design tools; strong working knowledge of visual design methodologies
- Experience leading a workstream within a project and/or cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from a variety of teams.
- Experience with user testing and qualitative usability testing
- Experience designing and launching digital products
Nice to Have
- BA/BS degree or college degree or equivalent experience in UX / UI Design, Human Computer Interaction or a related field
- Comfortable with digital design, collaboration, and prototyping tools (ex. Adobe, Figma, VoiceFlow)
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
– A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
RBC requires as a condition of employment that all successful candidates in the United States and Canada be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date, and may require proof of the same. Reasonable accommodation is available where required by law.
RBC exige, à titre de condition d'emploi, que tous les candidats retenus aux États-Unis ou au Canada soient entièrement vaccinés contre la COVID-19 avant leur date d'entrée en fonction. Il est possible qu'ils aient à présenter une preuve vaccinale. Des mesures raisonnables d'adaptation sont offertes lorsque la loi l'exige
Address: 330 FRONT STREET WEST - 2nd Flr
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 02/25/2022
Req ID: 450114