We're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our Start team. The Start team is on a mission to build product experiences to accelerate the growth of Properly. As part of this team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams to optimize the user experience by identifying and prioritizing opportunities, forming hypotheses, and creating and designing experiments.
Our Start Team is building a foundation for a scalable, compounding growth engine for the company. We are focusing on three things: making Properly more discoverable, highlighting value for customers, and removing friction in the buying/selling process. You will be involved in improving onboarding for our users, guiding them to form long lasting habits, and scaling the trajectory of our acquisition metrics.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO’s note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
Recently, Drew & Jonathan Scott, as seen on the Property Brothers, have also joined Properly as both partners and investors. (https://bit.ly/TheScottBrothers)
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. If some of the below doesn’t line up perfectly with your experiences, however this role really speaks to you or you feel like you strongly demonstrate our cultural norms, we definitely want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Own full-stack product design for a key area of the Properly user journey that bridges the online and physical worlds
- Design user-centered experiences across our digital and offline customer touchpoints, with the purpose of increasing customer acquisition (i.e.number of registered users)Work closely with your delivery team (product, engineering) to take new features from ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to production
- Collaborate with our marketing, sales, and realtor teams on ‘in-product’ and ‘out-of-product’ content strategy to help customers understand and evaluate Properly
- Participate in or lead feedback and ideation sessions where you’ll seek out specific feedback on your designs, design frameworks, our products, and the company in general
- Evangelize best design practices to other designers, engineers, and product managers
As part of the Start team, you’ll also:
- Take a hypothesis-driven approach and live in the world of iterative experimentation
- Create impact through metrics, conversion rates, drop-offs, activation, engagement, and more (analytics software is as much a part of your toolkit as design software)
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into multiple design concepts and prototypes; balancing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail with speed for low-fi prototype testing.
- Collate experiment results and share the learnings with the rest of the design orgBuild a culture of experimentation and A/B testing
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of end-to-end design experience, from research and problem discovery through to detailed interaction and visual design
- A portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in running in-product experiments (A/B test), optimizing user experiences, and improving metrics
- Experience with system-design, developing journey maps and service blueprints to identify “low points” (both online and offline), and creating design solutions addressing those issues
- Ability to communicate a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
At Properly, you'll have: Competitive cash and equity compensationUnlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over scheduleTeam events and social activitiesTop of market maternal and paternal leaveAttractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day onePersonal development budget; we support our team members' growthWFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessoriesEmployee discount on Properly’s services