Properly is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team. This individual will create the design of brochures, web pages, direct mail, business cards and digital marketing for Properly realtors. Our Realtors are an integral part of representing the Properly brand in a professional manner, and design is an important aspect of how that is delivered. In addition to completing design projects, this individual will also create templated designs for realtors to use on their own. The ambition is to drive greater brand consistency in the content distributed by realtors, as well as increase exposure by making it seamless for realtors to advertise Properly to potential customers.
You will leverage your creativity, imagination, and design skills to deliver strong visual storytelling and showcase the Properly value proposition to our audiences through the lens of our realtors. It would be a bonus if this individual had an understanding of journey mapping and marketing strategies. You will be working cross-functionally with our agents, but also with our Realtor Marketing Manager who will be a close thought-partner. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate pragmatism in balancing speed vs. quality, and a collaborative approach to design.
At Properly, we are on a mission to make real estate customer-centric. We envision a future in which real estate transactions involve dramatically less friction and surprising simplicity and where Properly is the first choice of all Canadians throughout the entire experience of buying, selling and owning a home. Check out our CEO's note (https://bit.ly/Properlynorms) on the culture we are trying to craft at Properly. Properly is headquartered in Toronto. We have a foundation of experienced operators on our team (Uber, Wealthsimple, Bench, Tophat, Wave, Shopify, Ritual, Blackberry, Bain).
We have raised $160 million in funding from investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Intact Ventures, FJ Labs, Prudence, Golden Ventures, AlleyCorp (Kevin Ryan), Silicon Valley Bank and many prominent angel investors including Mike Katchen (co-founder and CEO of Wealthsimple), Spencer Rascoff (co-founder and former CEO of Zillow), and Eric Wu (co-founder and CEO of Opendoor).
Recently, Drew & Jonathan Scott, as seen on the Property Brothers, have also joined Properly as both partners and investors. (https://bit.ly/TheScottBrothers)
We are a company that values and celebrates diverse experiences and perspectives because they make our team more successful. If some of the below doesn't line up perfectly with your experiences, however this role really speaks to you or you feel like you strongly demonstrate our cultural norms, we definitely want to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Design and develop marketing materials for Properly realtors to help sell their listings, and acquire new customers by making it easy for the realtors to promote themselves across various channels
- Design print assets including brochures, cards and direct mail to help build local credibility and exposure where each realtor is building their presence
- From time-to-time, support business tasks such as slide design support for realtor presentations to prospective customers
- Help to iterate and evolve on our brand guidelines and positioning through the lens of the realtors, specifically how it relates to our visual identity and style
What we are looking for:
- Experience in graphic/marketing design in a high growth DTC or B2C environment with a strong portfolio of previous work, including assets in print marketing
- Initiative to seek inspiration of what content and design approaches other realtors are leveraging, with the intention of raising the bar of design at Properly
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with landing page and website design
- An expert understanding of visual design principles including information architecture, colour, and typography
- Ability to explore wide variety of creative ideas then narrow down on the best solutions
- Experience following brand guidelines, with a desire and aptitude to continue to iterate and evolve them on an ongoing basis
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to give and receive constructive feedback to improve the finished product
- Self-starter attitude, comfortable maintaining multiple tasks and shifting business needs
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of print production and file setup
- Copywriting and brand writing experience
- Experience working in Figma
- Interest and/or previous experience in real estate
At Properly, You'll Have:
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Unlimited vacation days and a flexible work day; we care about outcomes over schedule
- Team events and social activities
- Top of market maternal and paternal leave
- Attractive healthcare benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Personal development budget; we support our team members' growth
- WFH stipend; in addition to the essentials including monitor, laptop, accessories
- Employee discount on Properly's services