Location: San Francisco, CA or Vancouver, BC
At Productboard, we believe in making products that matter – products that not only solve real-world problems, but also delight the user. To help us with this mission, we’re looking for a talented designer to join our fast-growing team. As a Productboard designer, you’ll get your hands dirty in all steps of product discovery and delivery. You’ll be part of the whole product lifecycle, working closely with product managers, engineers, data analysts and customers to bring amazing ideas to life.
You'll be part of a team helping our customers and prospects realize the value our product offers, whether it's through a seamless onboarding experience, or by eliminating usability friction. You'll actively participate in identifying the most impactful opportunities for improvement and will collaborate on data-informed experiments to validate your team's hypotheses.
During the current pandemic you could also work remotely within the Pacific time zone. Let’s design products that matter, together.
On a typical day, you will …
- Own design initiatives in your cross-functional team, and collaborate closely with others
- Work alongside a team of seasoned designers who are eager to learn from each other
- Drive concepting and ideation, user flow design, detailed interaction design, and prototyping
- Create simple and elegant visual UI designs
- Spend a good portion of your time conducting user research, analyzing and presenting findings
- Test assumptions with stakeholders and customers to pick the best solution for delivery
- Evaluate shipped work across multiple releases, perform continuous discovery and experimentation, and craft improvements
- Get user feedback and love 💕
You have the mind, heart, and skills of a holistic product designer with a desire to delight users.
- You have a solid knowledge of UX design processes and methodologies, but are adaptive and always happy to try out new approaches
- You have a strong desire to get to the root of user problems and business KPIs (understanding of growth metrics is important)
- You have experience working on and driving Growth initiatives - identifying and prioritizing opportunities, forming hypotheses, creating experiments, and co-creating success metrics
- You can plan and conduct user research and usability testing, and are comfortable reviewing quantitative analytics
- You can communicate complex conceptual ideas, design decisions, and research findings succinctly and effectively across different audiences
- You care about the impact of your work and can deliver high-quality design work at pace
- You have an inclusive, transparent collaboration style, and good stakeholder management skills
Bonus points for:
- UX writing skills and knowledge of persuasive design principles
- Experience in a B2B SaaS organization with a mature product and design practice
- Systems thinking and demonstrable ability to translate complex problems into a simple and intuitive user experience
- Generally being a nice person, who's fun to work with and be around 🤗 Willing to commute to our amazing office in Vancouver is a huge bonus
You can look forward to the following benefits:
💰 Competitive Compensation, Stock Options, Company 401k
📚 A budget for your professional development and ongoing learning
🏝 4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
💛 1 Volunteer Day per year for you to help causes close to your heart
🍲 Lunch delivered to your home
🏋 Company contribution to gym and wellness memberships
🚗 Commuter benefits
🍹 Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats abroad
❤️ Company contribution and access to best-in-class health benefits and your own Headspace membership
Productboard is the customer-centric product management platform that helps teams get the right products to market faster. Over 4,000 companies, including Microsoft, 1-800-Contacts, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
In April 2021, we closed our $72M Series-C round, backed by VC giants like Tiger Global Management, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Sequoia Capital, and Bessemer Venture Partners. Headquartered in San Francisco, we are a truly international company, with offices in Vancouver and Prague.
- We are backed by top Silicon Valley investors, giving us access to capital, networks, mentors, and markets
- You’ll enjoy an exciting team atmosphere building a new and complex product
- We iterate quickly and decisions are fast. You’ll have a voice in what we do and see the impact of your work
- With modern offices in San Francisco, Vancouver, and Prague, you can expect occasional travel across the Atlantic!
About Our Culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where:
- People feel empowered, supported, and included
- Trust and transparency are built into the way we work
- Creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day
You can get to know your future colleagues by listening to our People of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile and People of Productboard FB page for more info about life at Productboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion of equity. It is our aim to help people from all backgrounds, cultures, and groups realize their full potential at Productboard. As such, we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based upon gender identity, race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
All aspects of employment including hiring, training, promotion, and terminations are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to an inclusive hiring process and provide all candidates with equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities. Togetherness is one of our core values and our Diversity Council helps us ensure that we uphold the values of authenticity, humanity, and diversity to create an environment where every human being matters. We are committed to leading by example to drive societal change.