In this role, you will help us scale and evolve the Oscar design system—Anatomy. Your day to day will include designing components and features of the system, facilitating cross-functional collaboration, testing, and shipping high-quality and impactful work aligned with our objectives and values. The role will also include driving product strategy and design vision for Anatomy and shaping roadmaps.
Our design system is used by member and platform applications across Oscar and you’ll be making considerations across a variety of use-cases to support teams doing innovative work across many different verticals.
You will report into the Group Product Design Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Grow our design system by working with designers, engineers, and other stakeholders to align on strategy, goals, and roadmaps for Anatomy design and development
- Evaluate, design, document, and ship components and design system features
- Own the expression of the Oscar brand through Anatomy, both visually (following brand guidelines) and conceptually (what our brand values, ex. diversity in illustrations)
- Support effective time-to-market with new partnerships by maturing Anatomy’s modularity & customization and facilitate co-branding capabilities throughout our digital experiences
- Collaborate with product designers across the organization working across different products and contexts; give and get constructive feedback during critiques
- Structure and conduct outcomes-driven research and usability testing, contribute to QA and facilitate progress at all stages
- Evaluate and balance the needs of design and engineering teams and the needs of the business as a whole when it comes to our design system
- 5+ years of experience in designing digital products and design systems
- Portfolio demonstrating understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy and best practices around design patterns
- Ability to facilitate projects and rally cross-functional and cross-area team members toward alignment on high-level goals and timely deliverables
- Highly-developed time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Advanced and up-to-date knowledge of Figma and its components functionality and a working knowledge of other contemporary design and prototyping tools, such as Principle
- Experience working with front-end engineering teams and foundational knowledge of front-end development
- Comprehensive understanding of constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android
- Awareness of accessibility best practices and interest in advocacy for accessibility for all users within Oscar’s design system
- Experience contributing to documentation and education around design systems
- Iterative design methodologies and the drive to gather feedback early and often
- Experience driving design QA,testing, and experimentation
- We value designers from diverse backgrounds and will consider candidates with different types of education and relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences and your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
- Experience working on WCAG AA compliance within design systems
- Proficiency in front-end development
- Experience within the health-tech or enterprise space
Life At Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements For In-person Work
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work\* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
- Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.