Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. Our work on tech spans several areas: building innovative consumer experiences, technology and infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more. And we work alongside a talented set of technologists with Product, Engineering, and Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
Our design organization is a multidisciplinary team that examines the entire member journey and considers the design of systems to be as important as the artifacts we make. Our practice is human-centered, our work is rooted in empathy and research, and we lead by example and with our values.
As a Product Designer, you will help us explore, design, and shape the vision for the tools that enable Oscar to thoughtfully route members to care, helping to select providers and plan their upcoming visit costs. In your day-to-day, you will generate and explore ideas, design, test and ship high-quality features, partner with your peers to shape roadmaps and define goals for high-impact work, and challenge what healthcare looks like.
This role reports to a Group Product Design Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Define the experiences within the end-to-end journey of searching for care, from the moment a member signs up for Oscar, to their appointment with an Oscar provider
- Design experiences to help members understand potential costs that go into receiving care
- Become an expert on various care journey related personas, and champion the needs of the user to the larger org
- Own the design process and partner closely with cross-functional peers like product managers, tech leads, engineers, data scientists and business stakeholders to drive clarity around strategy and alignment on solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization with feedback during critiques and thoughtful contributions to the design team at large
- Structure and conduct outcomes-driven user research and usability testing
- Design visually compelling experiences for all members and contribute to the Oscar design language system (Anatomy)
- 3+ years of experience
- Concrete examples of designing and shipping web and mobile interfaces
- Experience with user research and prototyping
- Ability to think through complex systems
- Passion for fixing healthcare
- Ability to translate requirements, goals, and research into simple and useful UI
- Genuine and inquisitive, humble yet determined. We’re a team that’s excited to learn from each other and about ourselves, whether that’s through wild ideas or constructive criticism. We work hard to nurture a creative environment where we can take risks, grow, and do better work.
- Experience with the healthcare space
- Illustration, animation or other forms of storytelling
- Interest in design ethics, accessibility, and other topics relevant to the healthcare space
Life At Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Life At Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements For In-person Work
To protect the health and safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work\* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
- Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices, employees conducting sales work in the field and employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.