Every day, enterprises around the world focus on how to help their employees work simpler and smarter. And while enterprises are as diverse as the people in them, ranging from global manufacturing concerns, to healthcare companies taking care of the elderly, to renowned universities, and even one of the fastest growing cities in the world, they all share many core needs. They need to take care of their employees and their families by putting them in control of their benefits. They need to connect employees with their customers so they in turn can thrive. They need to thoughtfully manage their valuable resources. They need to work efficiently with the vendors they depend on. And so much more.
Helping their employees work simpler and smarter means letting enterprises focus on what makes each of them special. They focus on what they’re best at, and in turn, let Oracle do the rest. The scope of our opportunity is enormous.
At Oracle, we’re committed to creating a state-of-the-art consumer-grade end user experience that will be the factor that distinguishes our software from the competition. Yes. We’re absolutely serious. And we can’t do it without your help. We need thoughtful, talented, multi-faceted user experience designers who love empowering technology users with high quality interaction and visual design to bring their creative ideas and their hard work to join our team.
Here’s the kind of person we’re looking for.
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with designers, user researchers, engineers, product managers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You’re a full stack user experience designer. You look at interaction design, visual design and aesthetics, typography, motion, 3D, human factors, and more as tools in the UX designer’s toolkit. You may be better at some than others, but you know how to talk about each and combine them all into an experience that delights.
You get stuff done.
You’re a fantastic storyteller. You know that our products tell our customers a story through the user experience. You won’t rest until that story is a compelling one.
You love rules and you know when to break them. You think systemically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But you know when the system needs to expand to accommodate a user’s varied conceptual model. And you know when to do something completely unique to create an arresting and product-defining moment in the product that makes users ooh and aah.
You don’t already know everything and you love to learn. You’re inspired by helping users solve their problems. You love finding out you’re wrong. You consume large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data to constantly refine your assumptions.
And finally, you want to be part of creating dramatic and impactful change at a company that is committed to becoming a light unto others when it comes to user experience design.
You might have learned your craft via formal training or via on-the-job training. For most candidates, it’s a combination of both. As long as you’ve got experience and passion doing this work at the highest level, we’d love to talk to talk to you and see a portfolio of the work you’re most proud of.
What will you do as a user experience designer at Oracle?
- You will dive deep into one or more of our many products.
- You will partner closely with our partners in product management to understand the customers who use it, empathize with them, and imagine creative ways we can make their work lives dramatically better.
- You will partner closely with your fellow designers to innovate by designing coherent, seamless, and emotionally resonant, state-of-the-art user experiences for our users.
- You will partner closely with your partners in engineering to take your pictures and turn them into reality.
- You will partner closely with your colleagues in user research to get customer feedback on your designs, find out where you’ve improved their lives, and find out where you have more work to do.
- You will learn, grow, and be challenged.
- And, if we’re being honest (and we are), you will sometimes make tough compromises, or find things take longer than you want them to, or need to work extra hard to convince a colleague of your position, or not get your way.
- And sometimes, you will get frustrated that Oracle is still growing its design culture. But then you’ll remember, that you’re here to be a founding member of that design culture and help turn Oracle into the place you love to work and have one of the best professional experiences of your life.
- And if you really want, we’ll teach you how to sail.
If you’re interested, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.