Oooh is a team of 35 and growing fast who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games. We have come together with a moonshot mission, backed by an incredible group of SV and LA VC’s, founders, leaders in technology and entertainment moguls—all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose. We’ve been quietly building a massive next-gen digital platform combining video, video games and truly interactive experiences. Each of these 'ooohs' validates and rewards skill and creativity through proprietary technology. Oh, and the platform is for all-ages. It’s different and really, really fun.
Coming out of a very successful beta with thousands of users, we’ve taken the cover off of stealth mode and have quietly jumped into the app store ahead of a more public launch. We’re now hiring a Senior Product Designer to help us shape Oooh into the next big platform. In this role you will collaborate closely with our CEO, CTO, other Lead Designers, Product Managers and Developers to drive all facets of our product’s design ecosystem. You will own entire end-to-end design arcs for a massive, mobile-first, interactive platform. You will be on the ground floor leading creative ideation, user research, concepting and prototyping, all the way through to testing, production, liveops and optimization.
Ideally, you’ve done it before, and you have spent time at well-known social and video platforms used by the youth today: TikTok, Snap, Twitch, Instagram, YouTube, etc. or highly-social gaming apps. Your style, voice and genuine enthusiasm must speak to and for these younger audiences’ tastes and culture today.
It’s your innate curiosity, wonder and interest in staying up with the latest tech—especially social and video apps—that will be key to your long-term success in this role. A statistician by trade, an artist at heart, you have enough confidence as an experienced designer to know when to lead from data but also break from convention through bold and risk-taking design.
- Be a leader. Own and drive the design of product features throughout all stages of development
- Create beautiful, intuitive, innovative and data-driven designs. Rapidly prototype, implement and test new and iterative designs and features.
- Be strategic. Think big picture. Actively work with Product Managers to define short and long-term product roadmap and strategy
- Lead from experience. So many early stage company data-driven decisions come from past analogs. Be well-equipped with your data points and even more researched on others
- Love to talk to our users! Have constantly up-to-date and genuine customer empathy. Lead and participate in on-going user research studies
- Collab. Work closely with the team throughout your design process. We are a flat-structured, small team
- Have worked in a product or UI/UX design role in another social media, mobile video platform game studio or social-gaming company
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Expert in Figma
- Ability to prototype in programs such as Figma, Invision, Protopie, Overflow, Principle or After Effects
- Advanced knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Proficient with motion graphic design
- Illustrator, Animation or Video Editing skills
- Be a gaming and game-design fan
- Experience with UI implementation in Unity game engine development
- Small team moving fast. All of the ownership with none of the BS
- Location: Los Angeles, or San Francisco, CA, Kelowna, BC, Canada or Remote
- Premier Medical, Vision, Dental and Disability insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Other typical startup life benefits—that you have a say in—as we grow
- Optional travel between offices
\*\* Please send across your portfolio / examples of your work when applying