Who We Are And What We Do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Design Team & The Opportunity
We’re growing our team at Momentive! We’re looking for entry to mid-level Product Designers who are curious about customers and passionate about data-driven design, to join one of several teams to help shape exceptional customer experiences.
As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for working with Product and Engineering to solve customer problems with elegant interactions, intuitive UI, and a passion for helping customers turn data into insights. We are looking for someone with an appetite for evaluating ideas through customer research and interpreting quantitative & qualitative data for each project. Your resourcefulness and creative efficiency will help you navigate through uncertainty. Looking for a more senior role? Check out this job
- 1-3 years of experience on a product design team working across the product development lifecycle to successfully ship products. Experience designing web-based applications required. BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- You are able to collaborate and partner with cross-functional peers, including Product Management, Engineering, Data Analysts, Marketing, User Research, Content Strategy and Localization, and align mindsets and calendars to collectively address project needs.
- You are comfortable collaborating with other designers to create a cohesive product experience, both leveraging and contributing to a centralized design system.
- You appreciate feedback – you will give it, receive it, seek it out through critiques and retrospectives.
- You value communication, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- You tell a clear experience story through your design solutions, which are based on qualitative and quantitative feedback. Experience conducting usability studies is a plus.
- You tailor your design approach to project needs, and do your best to anticipate potential obstacles.
- You care about the impact of the products you design, not just the artifacts you create.
- You are experienced with Figma, Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS. You can adopt new tools, designs and technology into your work.
- A portfolio is required with application and must demonstrate your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs. Work examples should exhibit your product design thinking skills from ideation to implementation, and showcase product design, visual design, and usability aptitudes.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.