The Meta Design Studio
The Meta Design Studio initiatives are at the forefront of creating and modernizing productivity experiences at Microsoft: from scaling the Fluent Design System to developing the next generation of collaboration with Loop or rethinking what a modern Microsoft 365 and Office experience looks and feels like, there’s amazing and forward-thinking work happening here.
We share, collab, contribute as a culture. We pride ourselves on building a team of excellent individual who, together, generate exceptional design teams.
Come play with us!
Loop Team Product Designer II
With much of the world in quarantine due to COVID—there are new productivity problems to solve. It’s hard for most of us to keep up with the demands of home and work, or with the isolation of going days at a time only seeing other people via video conference. As part of the Microsoft Loop design team, your mission is to develop both new technologies and experiences for the next generation of collaboration scenarios.
In this role, you’ll work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to re-imagine core productivity inside Microsoft 365—a service with 250+ million monthly active users. You’ll push boundaries because you believe in the magic of bold ideas. You’ll work as part of a community with diverse styles, voices, and views that reflect the diversity of our customers. You’ll nurture and evolve our culture. You’ll design in the open to move fast and build experiences without seams. You’ll share, jam, and contribute to other’s work to make it better. You’ll make to think, prototype to test.
We’ll provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity and resources, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives. Come create new possibilities with us!
You demonstrate solid UX skills and interaction patterns while creating forward-thinking designs that are scenario driven and meet business goals. Being hands on, you will support and design breakthrough experiences that impact how millions of people use our products and services.
- Deliver world-class interaction designs from initial concept through finished product
- Create and assess design solutions based on user research input, user goals, and business requirements
- Work closely and constructively with product management, visual and interaction designers, editors, engineers, and user researchers to iterate and deliver flawlessly
- Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context of business and user goals
- Ability to travel for work occasionally
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A portfolio demonstrating well thought through and polished end to end customer journeys
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills Awareness of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration
- Ability to create highly polished design prototypes, mockups, and other communication artifacts
- Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Design, Visual Design, Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 3+ years experience working in interactive design and/or visual design OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software and UX design tools, preferably Figma
- Designing user experiences for enterprise and personal software and services
- Creating and applying established design principles and interaction patterns
- Aligning or influencing design thinking with teams working in other geographies
- Experience using design components and pattern libraries
Trailer - Introducing Microsoft Loop
The Verge - Microsoft Loop is a new Office app for the hybrid work era ZDNet - Microsoft introduces Loop: A new collaboration tool built on Fluid Framework Engadget - Microsoft Loop is a new Office app built for collaborative work Protocol - Meet Loop, Microsoft’s new Office-friendly app for project management and collaboration
Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns and visual design skills in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
#joinxc, #xcjobs, #opgjobs, #MDS, #Loop, #fluidframework
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.