At Microsoft, we believe in the transformational power of design. Innovation only happens when we make things simple and fluid, and the UX disappears behind the achievements of our customers. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for a senior designer, who’s driven by empathy for customers, to help us build the next generation of experiences that will simplify how millions of our customers live and work digitally.
About The Organization
In the Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture is our shared responsibility because we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build inclusive experiences without seams.
About The Team
The Microsoft 365 Expression Studio sits at the intersection of personality and artfulness at Microsoft. This team of multi-disciplinaries designer brings product design to life in a way that become a natural part of people's whole lives and positively impacts the way they work, live and learn. Together we will define how millions of people use and experience their favorite digital products across the platforms they love most. Come be a meaningful part of a growing team that values diversity of thought and recognizes everyone for their personal strengths and desires to learn and grow.
As a Senior Product Designer on our team, you’ll deliver modern, well-crafted, and seamless customer solutions through a collaborative customer-driven design process. You’ll provide strategic perspectives and ideas that will help shape the direction of company-wide investments in the cross-device space. You’ll work iteratively, scoping and prioritizing work across multiple projects. And most of all, you’ll be an advocate for the customer and champion industry-leading, inclusive, and human-centered design practices.
You’ll get to work closely with an interdisciplinary team to deliver the next generation of experiences for Microsoft's portfolio of mobile and cross-device offerings. You'll bring your design leadership skills working alongside your partners with optimism and a growth mindset. You are an alchemist of people, product, and process capable of drawing connections, simplifying, and creating clarity. A collaborative mindset and a willingness to cultivate effective relationships with various stakeholders across the company, both within and outside the design org, will set you up for a success in this role. We want talented, passionate designers to help blur the boundaries between device categories. If that’s you, let’s go.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design OR Master's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 4+ years experience working in product or service design OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- A portfolio that showcases delightful and well-crafted experiences, with a refined understanding of systematic design.
- Proficiency designing in industry-standard tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud as well as the Microsoft Office suite.
- A predisposition to thrive in ambiguity and create clarity through appropriate design artifacts such as wireframes, flowcharts, design specifications, and demos.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 8+ years experience working in product or service design OR Master's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 6+ years experience working in product or service design OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- 4+ years experience shipping games or products and/or delivering to customers as a result of an end-to-end design process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.