Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Facebook Design community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together, and our teams share in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. We are committed to designing and building Facebook apps and technologies—the Facebook app, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, Workplace, Portal and Novi—to serve a diverse global community. As a Product Designer, you will ensure our products and features are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. This posting represents different full-time roles across the Facebook company.
- Drive clarity of plan, strategy and vision on key company priorities with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists
- Drive product strategy and innovation to solve the most complex problems we’re tackling across the company, turning them into something useful and valuable for our 2-plus billion users
- Design leading-edge concepts through the craft of end-to-end flows which impact broad sets of users at scale, and use the appropriate prototyping tools to invest leadership in product function
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve visual systems and and/or generate new visual language that inspires and influences the work of others across the company
- Play an active role in communicating strategic decisions around the future direction of Facebook products
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality, while also taking on mentorship and coaching opportunities
- 8+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at a company level, leading the end-to-end experience within a large-scale, ambiguous domain
- Interaction Design experience defining and evangelizing how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale and examples using of appropriate prototyping tools in demonstrating how a particular interaction will work
- Visual Design experience with a novel grasp of leveraging typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Demonstrable track record in leading strategic thinking across a large product space, developing product goals, identifying opportunities in a global market, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience representing work to a executives, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, high-fidelity prototypes, and consideration of the impact and scale of work
- Experience connecting your work with other industry-leading related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Demonstrable examples of leadership in non-product dimensions that have made a team stronger and positively impacted the work environment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.