Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Manulife is a leading international financial services group driven by the mission of making decisions easier and lives better. We are hard at work to transform our organization into a digital, customer-centric market leader – evolving our customer interactions into innovative, immersive and highly functional digital experiences delivering high value.
You will be helping to drive this exciting transformation. We’re seeking a talented User Interface Designer to join our User Experience team as we work on many of our customer- and business-facing websites. You will be working in a cross-functional product squad to craft high-calibre, user-centric experiences. You’ll love to collaborate with others and have a drive to deliver the best possible quality of work for amazing customer and business outcomes.
- Directly involved in the design and execution of complex, engaging interactive experiences, including:
- Participating in brainstorming, ideation, sketching, and rapid prototyping activities
- Developing site design by coordinating with UX specialists, copywriters, content publishers, developers and business stakeholders
- Executing stunning final high-fidelity front-end design work, including creating visual mockups for static and dynamic pages in keeping with the Manulife design system, UX guidelines and accessibility legislation (AODA/WCAG)
- Selecting or creating final imagery and designing interactions and animation
- Participate in design review sessions with project teams, acquiring consensus and approval on designs and documentation
- Continually discuss with other UI designers in the latest technologies and trends for efficient and aesthetically pleasing web design
- Contribute to an inclusive climate of collaboration and innovation
- Ensure smooth end-to-end coordination of deliverables
- Coordinate with the UX management team to ensure coherence with the Manulife digital ecosystem and team synchronization with the broader UX/UI community
- Interact with the Manulife design system, both to leverage assets and contribute to its development
- Minimum 4 years’ work experience as a UI/web designer, on a range of different types of projects
- Excellent skills in designing for different screen breakpoints (responsive & adaptive)
- Preferred: experience working on banking, insurance and/or e-commerce websites or similar
- Great communication, including with dispersed teams
- 3+ years of experience working on complex web projects with medium to large-sized teams
- Very strong design portfolio
- Previous experience with Agile methodology
- Highly preferable:
- Bachelor's degree in design or a related field
- Experience creating – and great examples of – UI animation
- The successful candidate will work out of our Toronto office
- Hybrid working arrangement: working from home 2-3 days per week (but must be onsite for required in-person work, meetings, presentations etc.)
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock And Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .