We are currently looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our small but impactful design team. You will be working on crafting new and engaging social and mobile gaming experiences. We appreciate designers who communicate their ideas clearly and objectively, thrive off of collaboration and feedback and are passionate and proud of the work they do.
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll work closely with the team including product managers, artists, and developers, to design and maintain user experiences and interfaces for multiple live games and features for our rapid and constantly growing community of players.
We offer flexible hours and scheduling. This position is open to Canadian remote applicants as well as those who are excited to work in our downtown office located in beautiful Victoria, BC.
- Collaborate with product stakeholders on the planning, design and development of new and existing game features
- Plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mockups
- Prepare assets for production and work closely with developers throughout implementation
- Create in game promotional designs, banners, IAP’s, etc.
- Work with stakeholders to plan and conduct A/B tests and usability tests
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback from players and stakeholders to make informed iterations on designs
- Performing UX/UI Design tasks considering Target Audience, Game Development Constraints, Business Goals and KPIs
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Minimum of 3 years of experience designing user interfaces and experiences for web and mobile games
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for web and mobile games
- Proficiency in user interface design tools including Figma, Sketch and Adobe CC (especially PhotoShop and Illustrator).
- Believing in and comprehending ‘User-Centred’ thinking methods
- Knowledge of game design fundamentals
- A keen attention to detail with a strong desire to complete tasks to a high standard
- The passion for continuous learning and improvement
- The ability to solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways
- Ability to prioritize and multitask across multiple projects and teams
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
Nice to have
- Understanding of F2P mobile games business models & important business metrics
- Experience with motion graphics, video editing and animation
- Knowledge of graphic design fundamentals including; composition, typography, colour theory and psychology