Our vision for Humi is to become the go-to source of education and inspiration for all things people-related. We want to continue being thought leaders in the space and empower young leaders to do the same. As a Graphic Design Specialist on the marketing team, you will immerse yourself in the fast-changing world of a rapidly scaling startup, further invigorate your passion for marketing while being able to find your niche within the space, and get quipped with the foundational knowledge and experience on how to successfully reach marketing and business goals across different channels.
Who are we?
Humi’s mission is to help organizations throughout Canada foster their greatest asset – their employees. Starting with a powerful yet intuitive HR, payroll, benefits, and insurance platform, Humi has established a leadership position as the only company addressing all of these needs in one place. With a potential reach spanning every business in Canada, and a platform that touches every employee at every business that uses it, Humi is reimagining the future of work.
Humi is backed by the same group who funded Slack, Carta, and more (Tribe Capital), the top value-based U.S. accelerator (Y-Combinator), as well as several of the world’s leading angel investors. We’re hiring across Canada and are open to applicants who prefer to work remotely!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We strive to create a culture that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why join Humi?
- As a team that services the HR world, we are a team that understands you perform best in an environment that cares about their employees
- Be part of high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem-solving
- Access leadership and growth opportunities as the company rapidly scales
- Maintain work-life engagement with the flexibility to take mid-day appointments and flex hours
- Opportunity to work fully remote across Canada if you choose to
What will you be doing as a Graphic Design Specialist?
- Work with the Marketing Director and Senior Brand Designer on projects to drive leads
- Create graphic assets for marketing (e.g. social media assets, product UI illustrations, email header images, YouTube video thumbnails, e-books)
- Create sales collaterals (PDFs, documents, decks, etc.)
- Build creative ad campaigns
- Create illustrations/infographics
- Create videos for social media (see Humi's Instagram account and YouTube channel as examples)
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Present creative decisions with clarity and design rationale
- Manage design requests to ensure we stay on track and meet deadlines
- Coordinate work schedules and meetings
- Translate creative vision across multiple channels
- Contribute and lead creative projects
In your first 30 days, you will:
- Meet Co-Founder and President, Kevin Kliman
- Onboard and acclimate with the Marketing team
- Meet with various key stakeholders in Sales, Operations, Product, Engineering, Payroll and Benefit teams
- Learn HR 101 with the Director of HR
- Learn about finance & billing with the VP of Finance
- Learn about our sales process and competitor landscape with the Sr. Sales Manager
- Familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of the HR, benefits, and payroll industry
- Receive access and walkthrough of the current design tools and processes
- Receive insight into the creative direction of the company
In your first 60 days, you will:
- Develop strong product knowledge of Humi
- Receive training and insight into the Marketing team’s current design process
- Fully take over the marketing design process
- Manage and lead your first design project, collaborating with the rest of Marketing
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Manage the day to day design requests in the company
- Contribute and lead creative projects
What are we looking for in a Graphic Design Specialist?
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Very strong design sense (almost obsessive about typography)
- A basic understanding of the different design softwares (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, Canva, Figma)
- Experience working on multiple cross-functional projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage internal stakeholders
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills are essential
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback
- A self-starter with a thirst for knowledge and is continuously sharing out of the box ideas
- Experience at an agency is an asset
- Experience with Webflow is an asset
- Experience with Blender is an asset
Please note that all successful candidates will only receive offers through the Humi platform and we do not issue offers outside of our platform. We do not make any offers of employment via social media. Please see our resource library for the best ways to detect fraud and fraudulent activity.