- Strong portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
- History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
- Proven track record of working with product team to ship successful native mobile products to users cross-platform for iOS and Android
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
- An up-to-date understanding of mobile best practices, design standards, and trends
- Ability to own design process end-to-end from concept to implementation including a basic analysis of success measurement
- No ego when it comes to product or design; Strong commitment to doing what is right for the customer and the company
- Comfort with a fast-paced, agile development process
- The ability to independently flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle ambiguity
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
- Have a great sense for aesthetics that could both work with or extend Hopper’s style
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
- Ease with Figma and prototyping tools
About The Job
A stellar opportunity to have a massive impact on the Hopper Fintech organization. Join a rapidly growing company that is continuously redefining how people travel! Leveraging data science to solve customers’ problems is in Hopper’s DNA. While this began with helping customers plan and book travel more intelligently, we have extended our capabilities to ensure customers secure the best fares for their trips with unique product offerings like Price Freeze.
Within the Fintech business unit, the Price Freeze team is focused on continued innovation to help customers that are not yet ready to book lock in great flight deals at a low cost. Price Freeze currently makes up almost half of Hopper’s Fintech revenue and helped drive Hopper’s growth despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19. Communicating the value of this product through delightful, elegant design is critical to our continued success. As a Senior Product Designer you will be directly responsible for our Price Freeze product and work alongside our product and engineering teams to deliver the bleeding edge in personalized travel to an ever-growing user base! As part of the Price freeze team, this role will deliver solutions to results-oriented problems and get feedback directly from customers
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Discover insights, opportunities, and requirements
- Ideate concepts then test prototypes and hypotheses with users to collect feedback
- Collect and utilize qualitative and quantitative survey feedback throughout the design process
- Launch experiments, evaluate how they perform and work with your team to decide how to iterate
- Champion cohesion and consistency in UX design that unites a growing family of products/features
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer-paid telemedicine, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a Retirement Savings Plan
More About Hopper
Hopper is valued at $3.5bn making us the 5th most valuable travel business in the world. We’re best known as a travel app and we just raised a further $175m from a funding round led by GPI Capital. Our investors also include Goldman Sachs and Capital One for whom we exclusively power their travel portal.
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better. It’s cheaper to purchase travel with Hopper!
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 60 million times and sees over 1.9 million new installs per month. Our revenue growth is up 330% versus 2020 as we continue to outperform market recovery .
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants. Come take off with us!