- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping cross platform (iOS and Android) consumer-focused products and working with product teams
- Proven record of designing completely new experiences and end-to-end features
- Ability to own design process end-to-end, from concept to smoke tests to full implementations, including a basic analysis of success measurement with minimal guidance and ambiguity
- History of leading discovery and ideation and aligning the group around a vision and approach
- Demonstrated experience in visual design, interactive design and prototyping
- Portfolio showcasing your past work and design process
- Experience as a Lead Product Designer is a bonus
- Experience with hiring, onboarding, and improving the team’s culture and design approach
- Experience working at scale with Design Systems
- Experience with Figma and prototyping tools
About The Job
Hopper launched a currency in the form of incentives named “Carrot Cash” in 2020 in order to rapidly grow and activate new users and engage millions of existing users. As this successful product scales its reach through an activation and rewards program and integrates with Hopper's proprietary fintech offerings, we're looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to lead the design of Hopper's central repository for promotional offers, monetary credits and our loyalty program.
The Senior Product Designer will be responsible for putting forth a vision and new experience for Carrot Cash and the Hopper Wallet as it stands as a central pillar for the company’s customer growth and the framework with which all of Hopper’s fintech products interact. Additionally, the designer will help to design and mature the rewards program into a full-fledged loyalty program. This role will require the autonomy to research and a drive to understand data from customers to deliver the right experience, while working closely with product and engineering teams to break it down into actionable steps to build and iterate incrementally.
- Deliver solutions with a focus on a great user experience while balancing company goals, design cohesion, and ease of implementation
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation to prototyping to usability tests to final product
- Seek out, understand, incorporate and communicate qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the design process leveraging surveys, user testing and user data to measure feature performance in app
- Work autonomously in a cross-functional, agile product group with Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to prioritize and build new features
- Have a deep understanding of user needs and business objectives in your agile group’s product area
- Prioritize appropriately: Use good judgement to make appropriate tradeoffs to speed up product learning and balance competing priorities
More About Hopper
Hopper is valued at $3.5bn making us the 5th most valuable travel business in the world. We’re best known as a travel app and we just raised a further $175m from a funding round led by GPI Capital. Our investors also include Goldman Sachs and Capital One for whom we exclusively power their travel portal. At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better. It’s cheaper to purchase travel with Hopper!
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 60 million times and sees over 1.9 million new installs per month. Our revenue growth is up 330% versus 2020 as we continue to outperform market recovery .
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants. Come take off with us!