We are looking for a Senior UX Designer that will define, design and deliver a website meant to reimagine the customer and prospect experience at Hootsuite.com. You’re passionate about the entire design process, from technical architecture and customer journey mapping, to A/B testing and UX best practices. You work well in collaboration with business and creative teams to create user flows, wireframe-out ideas and turn them into effective experiences that drive business results. While based in Hootsuite’s Vancouver, Toronto, New York or Atlanta office (post COVID19) or remotely across in Canada or the United States (in accordance with Hootsuite's local employment entities), you will report to the Senior Manager, Web Growth.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Hootsuite’s business objectives, customers, web prospects, web properties, and competition - by conducting or participating in relevant user research, competitive analysis, and other design thinking activities.
- Build a close, collaborative, and influential relationship with your agile squad: your product strategist, brand designer and software developers, to define and achieve website objectives, creative approaches and deliverables. Build bridges to other portfolio designers to align on holistic vision and process.
- Independently develop and deliver high level story boards, prototypes, wireframes and high-fidelity designs to effectively communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive web experiences with a focus conversion optimization.
- Identify opportunities to experiment and apply new technologies and interaction patterns to solve customer problems.
- Lead the UX perspective on creating a customer-centric web experience, which may include: writing user stories, feature mapping, persona development, user and business goal analysis, workflow and information architecture documentation
- Actively drive the development and iteration of UX processes, deliverables and standards guides
- Provide direct supervision to a team of designers, helping to manage overall workload, set work prioritization, and continually assess their contributions and development, providing clear and actionable feedback.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Considerable experience as a UX designer or product designer, with ideally 2+ of leadership experience,
- A strong portfolio comprised of projects which demonstrate creative, and user centered design solutions to complex problems
- Ability to expertly conduct a wide range of appropriate UX design activities such as: user research, workshop facilitation, strategy and vision development, systems design, concept design, detailed design, rapid prototyping, and usability testing. Ability to drive planning and prioritization activities.
- Experience leading and inspiring website design teams through influence and thought leadership.
- Ability to provide technical oversight and mentorship to designers to improve outcomes for the team.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Decision Making: consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
Who You Are
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way:
Step Up: Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp
One Team: Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe
Customer Obsessed: Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed
Go Fast, Be Agile: Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile
Play to Win: Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses
Neighbours & Allies: Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.